Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Movie SPOILER discussion (anything goes)

That's what Hasbro unofficially called the "Aligned Continuity", which intended to have TFPrime cartoon and the WFC/FOC games, and the Exile trilogy books all belong to the same universe... which is what the Covenant of Primus book covers. (also, Rescue Bots are part of TFPrime universe, so are technically part of it as well)

Now, IF Hasbro are wanting to rope in the Aligned Universe to the Movie universe (instead of maybe just being a crossing over of two continuums), then that would be very disappointing I think... because it was bad enough that they roped in the WFC game into their TFPrime universe, as that was originally intended as a pre-Gen1 game when it was pitched and in early development (hence the Generation One style of characters like Bumblebee and Starscream).

I would LOVE to use the WFC characters to trash over the Movie ones... so would really hope that it ends up being a crossover type game.

(if there is no actual TF4 game this year, I fear that this one is likely to feature the movie universe more than the WFC/FOC universe and characters )

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I would LOVE to use the WFC characters to trash over the Movie ones... so would really hope that it ends up being a crossover type game.
    That'd be pretty cool. I'm hoping it doesn't sort of be a two worlds in one game. Where you're in a sense playing different timelines/universes.

(if there is no actual TF4 game this year, I fear that this one is likely to feature the movie universe more than the WFC/FOC universe and characters )
    That is what I fear. But hopefully they somehow balance it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post
    The Covenant of Primus bridges together WFC/FOC and Prime. How ever the trailer shows art/models of FoC and AoE put together. So no Prime art is physically in the game. Thus why it seems like a bit of a mess and doesn't make sense. As if they bridge the game to AoE. Then they would be voiding the book that bridges Prime and FoC/WFC. Which would make sense for the game. So they very well might be ignoring what was written, and have the game just go to the movieverse when they hit earth.
    That's what Hasbro unofficially called the "Aligned Continuity", which intended to have TFPrime cartoon and the WFC/FOC games, and the Exile trilogy books all belong to the same universe... which is what the Covenant of Primus book covers. (also, Rescue Bots are part of TFPrime universe, so are technically part of it as well)

Now, IF Hasbro are wanting to rope in the Aligned Universe to the Movie universe (instead of maybe just being a crossing over of two continuums), then that would be very disappointing I think... because it was bad enough that they roped in the WFC game into their TFPrime universe, as that was originally intended as a pre-Gen1 game when it was pitched and in early development (hence the Generation One style of characters like Bumblebee and Starscream).

Considering they are releasing the 'Rise of the Dark Spark' game as well as the (if it ever happens) Transformers Universe game, I would not be surprised to find this is also the movie game. Otherwise that would mean 3 Transformer games within 12 months which may oversaturate the market. Plus the fact it is being released 3 days within the movie coming out, it does not make a lot of sense for them to release a non-movie game with that kind of timing.

I loved the Covenant of Primus, but was dissapointed when it went into the Prime universe at the end. Look at Soundwave and Arcee in WFC/FOC - totally G1 with very little correlation to their Prime incarnations. As many have pointed out, they really should not have tried to shoehorn the games into the Prime universe and I would have been happy for the Covenant to leave the Prime universe alone. Apparently the next cartoon is going to be in the Prime universe as well so they are trying to keep the Aligned continuity going. But to try and combine it with the movie universe would just be silly and annoy the fans even more.

Ah well, guess we will find out soon enough if this game is just AoE stylized or is a combination of FOC/AoE. If it is AoE, it may bring back into play that The Dark Spark is the artificat that Mark Wahlberg finds in the (possible) upcoming trailer.

I wonder how this Dark Spark will fit into the continuity of the previous three films, if at all. Could it be another one of these plot elements that Megatron had going only for Galvatron to carry on with?

Is Galvatron a resurrected Megatron?

Why is the Drift toy blue when his vehicle mode is predominantly black with blue striping? Could Hasbro have changed the colour because they already have a black deco 'hero' character being released in Bumblebee first?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I wonder how this Dark Spark will fit into the continuity of the previous three films, if at all. Could it be another one of these plot elements that Megatron had going only for Galvatron to carry on with?
    They'll Probably just cut TFPrime out, and slab the game in to fit just before AOE. And seeming as part of the game looks to be on Cybertron. We'll create our own 'Earth Landing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Why is the Drift toy blue when his vehicle mode is predominantly black with blue striping? Could Hasbro have changed the colour because they already have a black deco 'hero' character being released in Bumblebee first?
    Yeah, the Drift car is mostly black with light blue trim around the bottom, but looking through the toys at Toyfair, Drift was completely black for the Kreo toys, blue for almost all of the other ones, and blue/black on the Construct-Bots Rider.... while Lockdown is either black, green or grey, Grimlock is either grey, gold, orange or red, Strafe is either blue or grey, and Optimus is also available as white or gold (one of which is named as if part of the movie).
    Considering that most have completely different different colours in the movie, there shouldn't be any reason for the different coloured versions in the toys (unless they are hoping that people will buy other versions because they don't all look the same. (like if all the Grimlock toys were grey like in the movie, it would put you off buying more than the main Leader or Voyager.... but by having some different colour schemes, it might make it more appealing to buy more than just the main figure)

A bit like the previous movies, which all the toys (gimmick or not), just look the same in a group shot...

Character collectors would love that, but others would be more selective with how many of each character they buy, based on size, price, transformation, colour, difficulty and gimmicks.

As for your question about who is Galvatron, maybe the heads in the jars in the Kreo Galvatron Factory Battle set is a hint, as one of the Human antagonists may have scavenged their technology and/or brains. (one looks like Sentinel Prime, the other is grey so could be Megatron)

That's a pretty cool photo, seeing them like that

Looking at the Voyager Optimus toy, I'm impressed and intrigued at how they managed to get a Gen1 cubish cab looking like the angular Movie Optimus Bot mode.

That's one toy I'm looking forward to. The rest are all "meh" to "barely passing".

So we saw the picture of Evasion Mode Optimus on the set, do we think he will be grey in the final movie as he was on the set or recoloured to be the same as the toy?

Galvatron's toy (to me) is pretty damn ugly and bland looking. I'm sure they can and will make a better figure though.