Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Parramatta Collectors fair organiser caught up in scandal

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Such ridiculous hyperbole in that clip. Glen being dodgy isn't too surprising though, and it looks like the website is gone: http://www.collectableandmusicfairs.com.au/ I imagine there won't be a May fair.
    aaawww ;( ;(... well people since this might be indeed the end of the Parra fair, sigh... do we all still agree to do meet up at the food court? we don't need to be early if that's the case - prolly start around 10 am? we can have more of a show and tell and play - so bring your toys as always.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

A suggestion was made to look at possible other venues however I would prefer it to stay as Parramatta as it's fairly central to most people. But yeah, we wouldn't have to start as early as 8 AM or line up either so the time can be changed to whatever suits. We could even make it a 6 monthly BBQ in the park (every 3 months would be too much to organise) and those with items to sell could bring them. A fair in the park
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    So the fair is only $2700 hire venue from the council for a day? If that's the case I may actually take over and fund it myself.

Why the hell not and how can I get started?

BTW, I am serious
    Well you know you would have a customer base with us already

Hope you can pull it off Kup !!!!

Gamble Investigations Guest

Default Independent Investigation

To all,

We at Gamble Investigations are holding an independent investigation on behalf of the Mo Awards charity organization. We are appealing for any previous stall holders at the music or collectables functions to make contact with us to assist in our investigation to prove innocence or guilt in regards to the running of these events.

If you are able to assist or wish to discuss confidentially please contact myself at miles@gambleinvestigations.com

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    This isn't exactly toy news, but it relates to an event the NSW members attend on a regular basis. I'm going to tempre this with a disclaimer.

I tend to find a lot of ACA's material one sided, sensationalised, pointless or otherwise unnewsworthy.

this article has been published by A Current Affair.

The man that is the centre of the circus of this article (Glenn Ware) is the same guy that runs the parramatta collectors fair. it looks to me like he has been using the cover of pretending to donate to these charities as an excuse to rip off the councel and to probably not give any money to any of these charities.

I never realised that there was supposed to be charity donations related to the parra fair, and there are certainly no banners, people advertising this fact at the fair.

If it's all true, it's very dissapointing and concerning also for the future of the fair. I would not be surprised if the councel expected him to pay a lot of money in unpaid fees and disallowed him any further use of the hall.

I feel for all the regular stall holders who attend the fair, it's most likely they are going to miss out on being able to set up stall here in the future.

I'm sad for us, it's been a great opportunity to get together as a group and enjoy our shared interest. I'd like to propose that if the fair does go under, we attend the food court every quarter anyway. If the fair does go ahead and this guy maintains his position as operator/owner I propose not attending the fair itself anyway. I might go line up like normal have our social cold morning catchup and then when the doors open, walk away.
    Last edited by griffin; 10th March 2014 at 03:11 PM. Reason: fixed email

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    (did anyone see themselves in the video footage of the Fair?)
    LOL First thing I did. But no I didn't see any ozformers.

It is a shame if this is the end. It will definitely impact on my attendance to events.

I'm going to miss seeing that overpriced Jetfire. He was like an honorary Ozformer he was such a regular at the fair
    Last edited by Bartrim; 10th March 2014 at 10:17 AM.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Gamble Investigations Guest

Default miles@gambleinvestigations.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gamble Investigations View Post
    To all,

We at Gamble Investigations are holding an independent investigation on behalf of the Mo Awards charity organization. We are appealing for any previous stall holders at the music or collectables functions to make contact with us to assist in our investigation to prove innocence or guilt in regards to the running of these events.

If you are able to assist or wish to discuss confidentially please contact myself at miles@gambleinvestigations.com
    Miles@gambleinvestigations.com

Sounds serious if the Mo Awards have called in the big guns to investigate if this was indeed fraud... and significant fraud if he's been pocketing all those hundreds of thousands of dollars over the years.

Probably worth contacting them if you were involved in the Fair in some way... to be sure if he was keeping the money (to be punished), or is totally innocent of the TV show's claims (and he can get back to hosting the fair again).

I attended the Parramata fair once and its not really my cup of tea, and since I stay near the city its a chore to wake up early to go to parramata.... attended the meets after the fair but its not a huge turn out after the fair as many had left or went else where, so didnt really go after that.

Sad to see the fair goes since so many like it, hopefully Kup can organise one. My friend told me recently that there is a camera fair at a local community center, perhaps such location can be used as well beside the town hall location.

Anyway I prefer the CBD meet up.

Had a good long talk with Jamie. He has his heart set to doing it in Hornsby and is preparing to organising a toy fair there.

As it goes, I need Jamie's help in running the fair due to my lack of experience and most of all, he has all the dealer contacts. Plus it would be bad sport to open a 'competing' fair at about the same time. In short, moving forward the next toy fair will be at Hornsby not Parramatta if it goes ahead.

The question is: How many of us regular Parramatta Fair goers would actually attend a Hornsby toy & collectibles fair? Jamie has promised to set aside a long table just for us on the stage at the Hornsby hall. We could do our regular swap meets there just like at the Westfield foodcourt which is the highlight of the fair days.

Depending on how many people would be willing to attend a Hornsby fair, it will signal my own contribution so please voice your opinions.
    Last edited by kup; 20th March 2014 at 08:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Had a good long talk with Jamie. He has his heart set to doing it in Hornsby and is preparing to organising a toy fair there.

As it goes, I need Jamie's help in running the fair due to my lack of experience and most of all, he has all the dealer contacts. Plus it would be bad sport to open a 'competing' fair at about the same time. In short, moving forward the next toy fair will be at Hornsby not Parramatta if it goes ahead.

The question is: How many of us regular Parramatta Fair goers would actually attend a Hornsby toy fair? Jamie has promised to set aside a long table just for us on the stage at the Hornsby hall. We could do our regular swap meets there just like at the Westfield foodcourt which is the highlight of the fair days.

Depending on how many people would be willing to attend a Hornsby fair, it will signal my own contribution so please voice your opinions.
    Hornsby seems a bit far for me, I'd probably attend every second one if it's every 3 months like Parramatta fair.