Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hasbro New MP-Coding

Default Hasbro New MP-Coding

NY Toy Fair has come and gone and we've had a surprising reveal of Grimlock as the Hasbro 'MP-03' release. So far we've had Acid Storm as MP-01 and Soundwave as MP-02, under the new packaging design and coding system, similar to Takara's style.

Just want to get a consensus on what you guys think about Hasbro's new style. Do you think we'll get previous releases such as Rodimus, Skywarp or Optimus (though unlikely) under the new line, as they've done with Grimlock? Or do you think this is a Grimlock only thing because of all the Dinobot material?

Discuss here.
    Last edited by Bidoofdude; 2nd March 2014 at 11:37 AM.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

I think they'll do Optimus under this new line for sure in the future, maybe he'll be number 10?

When I was watching Hasbro's presentation at toyfair they showed a slide with Generations Jetfire, Wingblade and Asian exclusive Masterpiece Soundwave. I think the slide was about toys the fans wanted, does it mean its likely that Soundwave will get a second production run or released under the generation toyline..
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

Since the numbering system is exactly the same as Takara's surely there will be someone that buys a MP-03 thinking they are getting Grimlock only to get a green Starscream. For that reason I'm not in favour of it. I think something like HM-xx HMP-xx would have been clearer.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Since the numbering system is exactly the same as Takara's surely there will be someone that buys a MP-03 thinking they are getting Grimlock only to get a green Starscream. For that reason I'm not in favour of it. I think something like HM-xx HMP-xx would have been clearer.
    I agree with this, Hasbro has basically caused confusion among fans.

Its almost like "I bought mp-03 today" so did you transform it to a plane? No is a dinobot.

Very bad

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    I agree with this, Hasbro has basically caused confusion among fans.

Its almost like "I bought mp-03 today" so did you transform it to a plane? No is a dinobot.

Very bad
    Thought technically there is no Takara MP-01, MP-02 or MP-03, as they are all without the zeros. So that kinda helps, a tiny bit anyway.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Thought technically there is no Takara MP-01, MP-02 or MP-03, as they are all without the zeros. So that kinda helps, a tiny bit anyway.
    Nope, sorry, did you just mentioned about optimus and starscream?
    Before you know it we will get to mp-10 and 13. No offence here, mp-3 is mp-03 for me, I suggest from now on we need to name the whole bloodly figure to cause less confusion.

Should probably change "MP" to "MA" or something else if they were rebooting the numbers.

Thought I should view on ebay and show the damage done:

"Transformers Takara Masterpiece MP-01 Optimus Prime MISB Convoy 1st release"

"Transformers Masterpiece Acid Storm MP-01 TRU Exclusive New Sealed"
    Last edited by drifand; 2nd March 2014 at 10:41 AM.

Nope, sorry, did you just mentioned about optimus and starscream?
    Before you know it we will get to mp-10 and 13. No offence here, mp-3 is mp-03 for me, I suggest from now on we need to name the whole bloodly figure to cause less confusion.

Should probably change "MP" to "MA" or something else if they were rebooting the numbers.

Thought I should view on ebay and show the damage done:

"Transformers Takara Masterpiece MP-01 Optimus Prime MISB Convoy 1st release"

"Transformers Masterpiece Acid Storm MP-01 TRU Exclusive New Sealed"

There's an obvious point of difference because the Takara MP01's are listed as such and the Acid Storms listings have either TrU or SDCC in their description. -which you've also highlighted. There are only a few vague descriptions listed, but if you look at the listings as a whole, there's more than enough to clarify which is a Takara & which is a US release.

And if people are unsure about an item, there's no excuse in this day & age to do a little research before comitting to a purchase.

Ur there isn't an excuse to reboot the numbering like this as well.

For argument sake, I could list Mp-01 $200 on for sale section and some newbie buys it. I simply give a acid storm instead.

This is my opinion stand point, as I don't see how you would list from MP-10 onwards? MP-010? really? Mp-011?

My thoughts are the coding can be done better. Like said, toy have to be now fully clarified when we talk about it, you cannot assume like before.

Before you talk and leap, you are talking from an expert standpoint, not from a simple consumer who has not much knowledge about Transformers. My thoughts are that the coding could have been done better.

My example is to SHOW CLEARLY nobody cares about using MP-01 or MP-1 which was pointed out that technically there is a difference.

Ur there isn't an excuse to reboot the numbering like this as well.
    Hasbro is trying something new. Like it or not, that's the direction they have taken.

For argument sake, I could list Mp-01 $200 on for sale section and some newbie buys it. I simply give a acid storm instead.
    Like buying an MP Sideswipe & receiving a KO or not getting your item at all? Thats never happened before either.

This is my opinion stand point, as I don't see how you would list from MP-10 onwards? MP-010? really? Mp-011?
    Im pretty sure it'll be MP10 & MP11. But we both know that

My thoughts are the coding can be done better. Like said, toy have to be now fully clarified when we talk about it, you cannot assume like before.

Before you talk and leap, you are talking from an expert standpoint, not from a simple consumer who has not much knowledge about Transformers. My thoughts are that the coding could have been done better.
    it isn't about who is an expert or not. It's just being aware of what is on your screen in front of you & not comitting to anything before youre 100% certain.