Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Who's Got the Biggest?

The thing that I still really love about Binaltechs is that it is still - IMHO - the best TF line when it comes to being robots in disguise. I love Masterpieces too, but for entirely different reasons. I love MPs because they're fantastic interpretations of the G1 cartoon robots with licensed 80s vehicle modes; but I love Binaltech because they're more recent model cars with an incredible about of detail in their vehicle modes! Detailed interiors (steering wheel, air con vents, glove box, airbag panels, gear stick, speedo/odometers, parking brake handle, indicator/wiper stalks, bonnets that open to reveal engines, boots that can open, working rack and pinion steering et al.); and they transform into fully articulated robots with self-contained weapons/accessories to boot! This isn't a criticism against MPs as 'translating' those reality-defying G1 cartoon models into actual toys is no easy feat, and each MP continues to impress me. But I really love how I can look at my Binaltechs and suspend disbelief that they're transforming robot action figures and allow myself to regard them as model cars.

^Real life vehicle (top left) & BT Smokescreen

^Binaltech and Masterpiece; both great lines in their own right

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    also I think that BT is better than Alt's but some may argue otherwise (I don't play with mine so paint chips are no problem)
    I've only ever experienced chipping w/ BT Smokescreen and a little bit of chipping on BT Tracks (specifically the bonnet tabs which connect with each other (thus rubbing directly against each other)). The paint quality from BT2 onwards has actually been really good.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The thing that I still really love about Binaltechs is that it is still - IMHO - the best TF line when it comes to being robots in disguise. I love Masterpieces too, but for entirely different reasons. I love MPs because they're fantastic interpretations of the G1 cartoon robots with licensed 80s vehicle modes; but I love Binaltech because they're more recent model cars with an incredible about of detail in their vehicle modes! Detailed interiors (steering wheel, air con vents, glove box, airbag panels, gear stick, speedo/odometers, parking brake handle, indicator/wiper stalks, bonnets that open to reveal engines, boots that can open, working rack and pinion steering et al.); and they transform into fully articulated robots with self-contained weapons/accessories to boot! This isn't a criticism against MPs as 'translating' those reality-defying G1 cartoon models into actual toys is no easy feat, and each MP continues to impress me. But I really love how I can look at my Binaltechs and suspend disbelief that they're transforming robot action figures and allow myself to regard them as model cars. :
    I couldn't have put it better myself and as much as I love the MP line, initially with the re-scale at MP-10 (or 9 depending on your POV) I was so disappointed, but I now happily accept and understand it. Rubber tyres would be nice though
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

From 13 in 2008 , It's now 23 figures - 21 are Alts and 1 BT. Does Alternity count here as well? Coz if it does I've got only 2. I always thought Alternity was what the BT storyline evolved into...

All loose

BT Acree

Alt Wheeljack
    Alt Prowl
    Alt Grimlock
    Alt Blue Tracks
    Alt SKids
    Alt Hound
    Alt Sideswipe
    Alt Sunstreaker
    Alt Smokescreen (8)
    Alt SilverStreak
    Alt Ricochet
    Alt (or is it BT) Mirage
    Alt Rodimus
    Alt Windcharger (or Overdrive)
    Alt Jazz
    Alt Nemesis Prime
    Alt Ravage - Jaguar type
    Alt Rumble
    Alt Swindle
    Alt Dead End
    Alt Decepticharge
    Alt Shockblast

Alternity Bumblebee
    Alternity Cliffjumper

well that's it.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

This was my biggest disappointment in mp line, is now where near this style and quality. This was what brought me back into Transformers, and sadly mp line is starting to fade out for me.

Smokescreen paint apps are just so way out of the chart. Sadly no diecast versions of the Ford GT. Was surprised they didn't do a Frenzy version as Rumble was there. I like this line so much that I be keeping it as a main display.

I have a second Jazz somewhere in storage still MISB,

I found Deadend since taking these photos in another storage container.

Only Skids and Arcee are MISB all the others are just stored in their boxes for safe keeping.

This is THE line that got me back into collecting after many years hiatus after G1/G2. If they decided to pick this line back up any time soon I'd be pretty happy.
    While they are often on the fiddley side this line is the closest thing to representing what a true robot in disguise might look like in todays world in both modes.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)