Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: TakTom TF4 "Lost Age" Advance toyline

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Do we know if Classic Bee (JP) is the same as HO Bee (US) and JP Galvatron the same as US Galvatron?

I'm only after those two plus DOTM Soundwave aside from the previously mentioned Prime's. But if Takara isn't doing anything different paint wise I'll just get the Hasbro versions.
    According to those early product listings, the Bumblebee is said to be "movie accurate deco, with more details on arms, legs and horns", while Galvatron is noted as having an "extra blue line in (robot) mode, and orange on chest & eyes".
    JP versions often seem to include all the original paint apps that Hasbro had in their promotional images, but progressively removed to reduce production costs of each figure.

A better look of the figures in their boxes. Still looking for out-of-packaging images, and comparisons with Hasbro figures to see how much extra detailing actually occurred.

Most look the same apart from Grimlock (debatable wether this actually looks better than the Hasbro version) Optimus and Crosshairs. Optimus Leader? Looks quite nice actually.

More images of some of them.
    The TF4 movie figures don't look too different, but those extra couple of highlights sometimes makes the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    More images of some of them.
    The TF4 movie figures don't look too different, but those extra couple of highlights sometimes makes the difference.
    From that link, I was hoping this was going to be possible. I'm still waiting in the mail for mine though.

What trailer is that?

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    What trailer is that?
    DoTM Movie Chronicles Optimus Prime/Movie Trilogy

http://www.robotkingdom.com/transformers/dotmv002.html

The JP trailer (splits open) and Trilogy trailer (solid box) both look similar on the outside, and both have the same hitch-connector, so if you can get one or the other, you should be able to replicate that image.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The JP trailer (splits open) and Trilogy trailer (solid box) both look similar on the outside, and both have the same hitch-connector, so if you can get one or the other, you should be able to replicate that image.
    Oh, so the vintage Prime in that box set (Chronicles - is that the one you referred to as JP or Trilogy, griffin?) has a new hitch for the new trailer to match the DOTM/movie-verse Prime? I know the old/Encore/reissue Prime trailers are not compatible with the new AOE Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    Oh, so the vintage Prime in that box set (Chronicles - is that the one you referred to as JP or Trilogy, griffin?) has a new hitch for the new trailer to match the DOTM/movie-verse Prime?
    It does.