Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: TakTom TF4 "Lost Age" Advance toyline

I just picked up my Prime's from the Aus Post DC today. Looking at the packaging I find it kinda odd that they are in the Hasbro packaging, with Hasbro's version of the toy even on the back. Takara have just stuck some stickers on the bottom of the box.

Just my theory here but I'm guessing Takara is not really interested in the film. They seem to have produced in small numbers as most figures are selling out fast and really half assed the packaging.

They used the same styled packaging for the previous movies... we just get used to the non-movie lines having different packaging, and expect it from them with all their TFs lines.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    They used the same styled packaging for the previous movies... we just get used to the non-movie lines having different packaging, and expect it from them with all their TFs lines.
    They used the same style yes. I have Takara figures from all 3 previous movies, they were different from the Hasbro packaging in that they had Japanese writing and pictures of the Japanese product when the product differed. These boxes are not "in the same style", they are the exact same boxes! All in English and with the lesser painted Hasbro product on the box and even Hasbro logos.

The only way to tell the Takara box from the Hasbro box is the couple of stickers Takara have added.

That is true. But they cut back heavily on the Movie toys in TF3 (skipping many of the Hasbro toys), and this time around they seem to be focussing heavily on toys that Hasbro don't even appear to be releasing.
    At least that they are looking at figures where there is demand, rather than just releasing everything en-mass like Hasbro.

That is true. But they cut back heavily on the Movie toys in TF3 (skipping many of the Hasbro toys), and this time around they seem to be focussing heavily on toys that Hasbro don't even appear to be releasing.
    At least that they are looking at figures where there is demand, rather than just releasing everything en-mass like Hasbro.
    I'd kind of hoped we'd eventually see a US release, but stores are clogged with power battlers and deluxes from Wave 1.

My Starscream and Optimus arrived today and are just awesome. starscream even comes with new weapons, and the paint is far superior to DOTM.going to have to track down more, as they seem sold out everywhere
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

I received AD02 OP & Starcream much earlier today
    Prime is perfect & Starscream looks great in his first movie colours. Shame i missed the Movie MP version.

Advanced AD28, AD29, AD30 appear to have been revealed as the next two Dinobots (Snarl and Slog), and apparently a Voyager Drift that turns into a helicopter.

If that is true about Drift, it would pair up with the Nikko remote control helicopter.
    I've seen the pictures of Drift. It uses a Helicopter mold that has been used for at least a couple of previous toys, so who knows if Drift will actually make this transformation or they are just milking it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I've seen the pictures of Drift. It uses a Helicopter mold that has been used for at least a couple of previous toys, so who knows if Drift will actually make this transformation or they are just milking it.
    I'm thinking they are just milking the DOTM Skyhammer mould with this one. For more discussion on this toy including if it is even a spoiler to know that this toy exist see this thread.

The Drift Voyager was revealed in that link by Deltaprime... so yes, it is more likely that it isn't in the movie, or Hasbro is being lazy and thinking any helicopter mode will do.
    It's odd that they would give it a toy and RC if it isn't in the movie in at least some minor way... but if it is there in some major role, Hasbro would have created a new mould for it.

As people have been getting the first wave this week, and posting up reviews in the review section of the more interesting ones, does anyone have any group shots of the non-Hasbro figures and/or the Japanese TF4 toys that ARE being released by Hasbro?
    Or some comparisons or differences between the Japanese and Hasbro TF4 toys?

JP TF4 figures also by Hasbro -
    AD-01 - Leader Optimus Prime
    AD-02 - VOY Optimus Prime
    AD-03 - VOY Grimlock
    AD-04 - DLX Classic Bumblebee
    AD-05 - DLX Dinobot Scorn
    AD-06 - DLX Crosshairs
    AD-07 - DLX Slug

Non-Hasbro (so far) figures -
    AD-08 - DLX Battle Blade Bumblebee - TF2 HFTD metallic deco
    AD-09 - DLX Protoform Optimus Prime - TF1 Gen1 deco & new weapon
    AD-10 - DLX Starscream - TF3 in TF1 deco & new weapons
    AD-11 - DLX Dispensor - TF2 Payload retool & new weapons
    AD-12 - VOY Revenge Optimus Prime - TF2 metallic deco
    AD-13 - Legend Devastator - TF2 more movie accurate
    AD-14 - DLX Jolt - TF3 in TF2 colours & new weapon
    AD-15 - DLX Ratchet - TF3 in white w/ red deco & new weapon

I bought the non-Hasbro figures except Devastator (it wasn't different enough to be worth it... yet), but don't have any photos up yet.
    So until I do, did anyone else take any group shots or comparison pics yet?