Thread: New American "Family Dollar" store Legends

Default New American "Family Dollar" store Legends

For a number of years now, the smaller Retail chains in America will sometimes have 3 or 4 repacked Legends, Minicons, and sometimes Basics toys, just as cheap impulse-purchase toys on their shelves.
    The current batch is three Legends figures from a few years back, which have already been released once before as "cheap toy" reissues.
    This time, there are Optimus, Bumblebee and Starscream.

Bumblebee obviously has some new paint apps from the previous versions, so Optimus and Starscream might as well (for any of you completists or character fans).
    Note that the packaging recycles the photos and back details of previous versions, which obviously don't match the product... but that's the point of these "cheap" versions - quick and nasty, to sell for less at those stores.

I don't think we've ever gotten in any of the small-chain "cheap" versions in Australia, so it is probably unlikely that these will come here either.

This reminds me of the American chain called Big Lots (www.biglots.com).

I've read that they sometimes have MOTU Classics stock that goes for 10 USD a figure. I know, totally off-topic, but it made me think of cheap priced toys.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I don't think we've ever gotten in any of the small-chain "cheap" versions in Australia, so it is probably unlikely that these will come here either.
    For that matter, I don't think we've ever gotten any cheap priced toys of any TFs ... except how that time Reject Shop had some RTS stock going for 10 bucks...