Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hasbro clamping down on buying from U.S. direct?

I had a response from BBTS.

Hello <Zommael>,
    Thank you for the information and I will be sure to explore this further with the appropriate department(s). At this time we are still shipping Hasbro products accordingly and you need not be too concerned. If there are further restrictions our website listing(s) will surely be updated accordingly.
    (I removed my real name to protect my privacy a bit)

So basically it's just a rumour, they're looking into it, and don't panic. Not quite the "Hah! I'd like to see 'em try!" I was hoping for, but also not a confirmation that it's going to happen any time soon.

I'd suggest this has more to do with the Italian postal service than Hasbro at the moment.

Well if it does come true... I will be buying a lot of Takara stuff

I think that just about settles it on the b$
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

OK, so lets think about worst case scenario for a second. If we did have to find another supplier cause Hasbro stopped the big guys from shipping outside America who would we go to?

My first instinct is not Takara as Generations figures can be pricy, I personally would pay $25au for a Hasbro Generations Deluxe locally but not ~$35au on the internet for a Takara Deluxe.

That leaves Hasbro HK. Hasbro HK's supplied retailers price after shipping is about the same as buying from Big W or Kmart (if they actually have the same figure). Would people be willing to spend that much again on Transformers? I think there are a lot of fans here that have gotten used to paying $13 per Deluxe and wouldn't be willing to spend the extra to either get the toy locally let alone from HK.

Personally, I'm not putting too much faith in this. The wording of the original message does not seem structured in such a way that it appears to be from the desk of a department head who would be making such a large announcement with such ramifications.

But then I said the same when some internet video cropped up, with a barely understandable faux-internet reporter who was more pretty than eloquent, talking about how Optimus was going to ride Grimlock. And geez was I wrong there

Happy for them to do that, it'll push many collectors towards 3rd party products that offer better designs and these days, better quality products as well.
    I'll also be happy to get Takara stuff if required.
    So if this is true... Make mine Takara!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Personally, I'm not putting too much faith in this.
    But... but, it's posted on the internet. The internet would never lie to you

*runs off to Google the meaning of life*
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    But... but, it's posted on the internet. The internet would never lie to you

*runs off to Google the meaning of life*
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Lego has done it. So won't surprise me if others follow.
    Yes, but Lego also releases most of their product line here. And Lego have actually dropped their prices here by a few bucks a set. Hasbro doesn't release (or lower their prices), so they'd be shooting themselves in the face, not the foot, it'd be so stupid