Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast

Thread: MP Ultra Magnus teaser revealed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    OMG!! This looks awesome, looking forward to seeing some colour pics and having it in my hands!! Looks perfect!!
    Agreed - can't wait!

Now if they would just do a Masterpiece Shockwave I would be a happy man as they would have done all the characters I wanted to see most

(Hmmmm, maybe they can do an Ironhide and Devestator too )

There may be an intellectual property issue with Shockwave, as that was originally a non-Diaclone/Microman mould (re: Astro Magnum). Takara did release Shockwave (as Laserwave) in Japan during the 1980s, but I'm not sure if they still retain the rights to use that mould and its distinctive likeness.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Yeah from what I can see, the MP-10 'truck' just stays on the back of Magnus as a back pack with the shoulders covering the sides which is more or less what happens with G1 Magnus too.

It seems that we do get an 'white' MP-10 but not really parts former 'armor' like City Commander. The truck is a component that doesn't have to transform.
    are you talking about the cab? because it doesn't look as boxy as KFC's CS in robot mode.

Maybe the same as robot mode Prime except for the shoulders swing back.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Mehhh was hoping for better to be honest. It's nice that they've tried to build it around a retooled cab (assuming this is the case), but he still looks a bit off, especially in the bottom right comparison photo next to MP-10.

Still, my fav character deserves colour photos before I cast him into the dark abyss of "could have beens"

Looks good.

I was in the camp of wanting a white prime and seeing how they could do it and not look disproportionate, but after some thought the all in one transformation doesn't sound too bad. Also the lower price point compared to an additional cab is a further boon.

Just goes to show Takara's uncompromising vision to focus more on the animation side of things over toy side things.

Especially when you consider repaint potential, especially diaclone powered convoy. They could paint this mould up but would t have the same meaning.

Can't wait for more clearer detailed pics.

Happy to see that it is a uniquely transforming truck to robot like the large Titanium Ultra Magnus, instead of just Optimus inside armour.
    I'm surprised though. Despite some possible redeco possibilities (Diaclone, Shining), it must have been hard to convince the bean-counters to allow them to do this instead of the more profitable recycling of the Optimus toy with armour/trailer (which would have appealed to fans anyway if it worked, as it would still retain the homage to the Gen1 toy AND any cult followers of there being a tiny white robot inside).

(for me though, when I think of cartoon Ultra Magnus, my mind always goes to the animations that has the white cab fold down into the trailer while the truck "stands up", instead of the cab transforming into a white optimus with the trailer wrapping around it... which is why I would have been happy with either MP concept for Ultra Magnus - one would remind me of the cartoon, while the other would remind me of the toy)

So no inner robot eh? I can't say I'm surprised though, it's a bit to hard to make a half decently proportioned MP toy with such restrictions.

Still he looks alright, Outside on MTMTE, Magnus has never been one of my favourites so I'm not as keen as some, but I am glad to see TakTomy keeping up the design quality of there MP toys.

I think they removed some play value from the toy by not having the cab being able to separate, but I'm not really fussed about it. Magnus has never been a favourite of mine, but ofcourse I will get it regardless. MPs are about all I collect now.

I remember it being mentioned somewhere that when Optimus was injured in the movie his toy was going to be replaced by the UM toy, like some sort of life-support power armor. Instead the made it a different character.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Agreed - can't wait!

Now if they would just do a Masterpiece Shockwave I would be a happy man as they would have done all the characters I wanted to see most

[/B][/I][/SIZE]
    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    There may be an intellectual property issue with Shockwave, as that was originally a non-Diaclone/Microman mould (re: Astro Magnum). Takara did release Shockwave (as Laserwave) in Japan during the 1980s, but I'm not sure if they still retain the rights to use that mould and its distinctive likeness.
    This is why I got quakewave. You wont regret it