Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Metrotitan

Wow, wow, wow, wow. So when should I expect him in the mail ? - He is looking fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Mythirax View Post
    Wow, wow, wow, wow. So when should I expect him in the mail ? - He is looking fantastic!
    Hahaha, I'm toying with the idea with giving myself a deadline of sorts, to make sure I press ahead with him, but don't want to limit myself if I get to the deadline and it's not completely as good as I want it. Also, it's a bit like a building a house - like the inside fittings takes longer to finish than the outer frame and bricks, the detailing on the model takes way longer than the base colour coating. So I don't want to be too inaccurate in my estimate.

Having said all that, I'd be very disappointed if I don't get it completely done in another 2 months. Say, the end of August.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

I wouldn't put a deadline on something of this caliber you're making. You'll regret it if you rush even the slightest part in my opinion. You can already get a feel and idea of what the finished product will look like. So I'd most definitely take all the time you need, but at the same time not push it aside

More work done!

Here's some masking on the rear of the legs, using a vinyl product I picked up at an airbrush studio/school/shop not far from where I live. They've got a huge range of (cheap!) automative paints I'm going to start dabbling with. Anyway, I've used off-cuts from the Reprolabels Metroplex set to use as a template to cut masks the exact shape I need. I needed to paint these pieces black but keep the primer coat white inside the circular ports for more glow effects later.
    DSC_0740 by M-bot2011

And here's the black painted pieces, with the masking removed. Then I thinned down some white and used it like a wash to brighten up the insides of the vents.
    DSC_0757 by M-bot2011

DSC_0758 by M-bot2011

Here's the front of the legs with most of the masking removed. I did some touch ups on the white, and will likely need to touch up the blue when the glow effects are done. I'll now need to re-mask them before that next step.
    DSC_0749 by M-bot2011

Some of the detailing on the foot. Also, Metrodasher and the same white wash on the top chest windows. I'll go over this with the airbrush to smooth out the white before I'm done, the white wash is mostly just to make sure the edges are nice and clean.
    DSC_0756 by M-bot2011

DSC_0755 by M-bot2011

Some detailing on the gun. The silver doesn't pop quite as much as I'd like, but I don't want to put too much colour on the gun. I might try a gunmetal instead. Still needing a few touch ups here and there.
    DSC_0751 by M-bot2011

DSC_0750 by M-bot2011

And here's most of the main bits (mostly) all done, coloured and pieced out so I don't lose or forget anything. It's a huge model, much more difficult to do space wise than a smaller model.
    DSC_0759 by M-bot2011

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

WOW, just WOW. this is really interesting and impresive to watch. the detailing your applying is really well done
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    WOW, just WOW. this is really interesting and impresive to watch. the detailing your applying is really well done
    ^

Honestly to blows my mind how you're able to do all this. I only wish I had this sort of skill when coming to custom work. Can't wait to see the finished product

That looks amazing. Can't wait to see how you do the glow effect.

two thumbs up! always good to see customs done right

nice work, I've enjoyed seeing this progress and I'm looking forward to the finished product!

I'm really enjoying these updates, it's looking amazing. Fantastic work man!