Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom Metrotitan

So excited. He's coming out nicely.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

This looks amazing, keep up the awesome work

I've done more of the detailing work, mostly panel lining the darker pieces with a white wash. I'll do some dark (black) washes in some areas to bring out the details, but the white wash is for areas where I'll either a) do some "glow" effects, or b) where I'll put some other colour that wouldn't otherwise show up on the blue or black pieces. They're still a bit rough in spots (don't look TOO closely at the photos!) but I'll still do touch ups later to get them looking pristine. Also, keep in mind that in some of the spots, the white wash is to make sure I get nice clean results in the gaps and corners, with more smooth painting to be finished with the airbrush.

I was hoping to get the masking done by the weekend to have an airbrushing session to do all the glow effects in one mammoth sitting, but I think it'll be another week before that job is done. I won't bore you with many photos of masked parts (not really very exciting), so by the time the next update is posted, we'll see how well (or not well) it has come out.

DSC_0766 by M-bot2011

DSC_0765 by M-bot2011

DSC_0768 by M-bot2011

DSC_0769 by M-bot2011

Thanks to everyone for the positive feedback, it's much appreciated. I hope the WIP shots aren't getting too boring or self-indulgent. It feels to me a bit like I'm going on a journey with this custom, with mates in tow. I promise, no one is hanging out for that final gallery of the finished piece more than me.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

No it is a chronicle and is interesting to see the journey, keep it up.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Damned View Post
    No it is a chronicle and is interesting to see the journey, keep it up.
    This ^

And I got to admit, you might say you're hanging to see your own finished product. I'll be honest, this is the first custom I can say I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of, in my inbox. I love seeing a notification from this thread Keep it up!

Amazing. As the guys r saying it's fantastic to come on this visual feast of a journey with you!
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett

Haven't had any daylight hours to do any airbrushing in the last couple of weeks, so I've had to concentrate on detailing for the moment. A lot of it is preliminary only. So much detail to bring out in this mould!

DSC_0770 by M-bot2011

DSC_0771 by M-bot2011

DSC_0772 by M-bot2011

DSC_0773 by M-bot2011

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Wow just awesome. Can't wait to see final product

I'm loving these progress pics, your work is stunning! Thank you for sharing, can't wait for the next update!!

I'm loving the white highlighting. very cool.

as the others have said, I don't think you can get too carried away or self indulgent with progress pictures, it's the nitty gritty of a custom like this that makes it interesting. It is a Chronicle as The_Damned said, and one worth reading.

I really appreciate that you've taken time to take progress photos and put them up, it takes up time that you could possibly be using to do more work on the mod.

Thank you.
    and keep posting more! the chest pieces look awesome with all the fine detail.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)