Thanks for the comments all!

The white wash is part of the prep work for the detailing to come. Some of it will be the base for the famous (and still coming!) glow effects, some of it will be other colours (such as lights and things). It will need to be touched up where it has bled out side the lines (repainting TFs is so much like colouring in we all did as kids, seriously), and it's painstaking work, but it will so be worth it when it's done.

The one thing I can't show you is how it all looks in my head, all finished. These WIP photos are the really rough in between stages only, and the finished piece looks a lot different to me than the photos portray. There's a perception in some segments of fandom that customs should be sold as cheaply as the original toys. I'm not in that camp, for many reasons, but hopefully the WIP pics, especially when the finished product is revealed, speak louder than words.

I also realise that I'm not set up to take really brilliant photos of the end product, but I've got some ideas in how to show him off before an eventual sale.