Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23456789101525 ... LastLast

Thread: Hasbro MP-03 Grimlock

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    One sold on ebay at that price, another BIN is $200
    People will pay it though. In an ideal world, if this wasn't the case then scalpers would be out of business leaving toys in the stores. It's not an ideal world. Blame the idiots buying off these scalpers and ruining it for everyone else I say.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    People will pay it though. In an ideal world, if this wasn't the case then scalpers would be out of business leaving toys in the stores. It's not an ideal world. Blame the idiots buying off these scalpers and ruining it for everyone else I say.
    I understand your point. But if they buy them all up, then everyone would have no choice but to buy off them at exorbitant prices less we not get the figure at all. I'd love for a scalper to buy em all up and noone buy a single figure off him. But as you say it's not an ideal world.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    I understand your point. But if they buy them all up, then everyone would have no choice but to buy off them at exorbitant prices less we not get the figure at all. I'd love for a scalper to buy em all up and noone buy a single figure off him. But as you say it's not an ideal world.
    The only way the scalpers win is if they generate a shortage in supply forcing buyers to pay their prices.

It would be great if the production/retail chain can keep putting product on shelves meaning (A) we always have a decently priced alternative or (B) scalpers need to keep buying them up in order to generate that artificial shortage.

The best way of combatting piracy/knockoffs/scalpers has always been to put out a good product at a competitive price.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Other is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

And now apparently that guy who brought 6 went around to other TRUs in his area and increased the count to 20. People are really angry and posting his address and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Other View Post
    And now apparently that guy who brought 6 went around to other TRUs in his area and increased the count to 20. People are really angry and posting his address and stuff.
    Anyone know his eBay ID's etc.?

Distribute them far and wide, boycott him and hopefully no-one will buy from him and he'll have to let them go cheap or just enjoy his Grimlock flock/herd himself.

He's not selling them on ebay, but people assumed the worst when he boasted about cleaning out the store. (he shouldn't have done that, and other members shouldn't have been abusing him and revealing his home address - both of which are also not a good idea here)

He is though, selling them on the TFW board for $150 and rejecting anyone offering less... which people kept attacking him about being so blatant at being a scalper (there's no rule against it, but he boasted about how many he got in the news section, and then mentions he still has 10 for sale and reports people for having a problem with it), so it got shut down... by one of the staff who didn't seem too impressed by him cheating the system and hiding behind TFW rules to do it.

JUST NOTING - lets just focus the discussion here on the MP Grimlock, not that TFW user.

Nobody's going to make friends posting how many $60 toys you bought only to offer them for sale at $150.

And don't say anything nasty about my prices or i'll report you. What did he expect? Flowers and champagne?

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Back to our side of things, I think it will be $150 mark, only saying this because Prowl is priced at $90?

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Back to our side of things, I think it will be $150 mark, only saying this because Prowl is priced at $90?
    Yeah. There's only 7-8c difference in our dollar to when it came out last time so i don't expect it to be any cheaper with the whole movie/toyline being about dinosaurs...

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

It is still cheaper than the Takara version for those who feel a bit pitched that the US get it cheaper.

Not sure how much stock we will get.

Well imagine that was Grimlock and we get someone like this in the US already, needless to say Optimus prime will be worse.