Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172232 ... LastLast

Thread: Hasbro MP-03 Grimlock

If I recall, they did the same thing with MP Optimus a couple years ago. It was $20 more online, and then the stores bumped up theirs up to match.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Please remember that prices are an invitation for consumers to accept and purchase it has nothing to do with an agreement that they broke any contract.
    RRP = recommended retail price and not a must follow guide.

One can say "you are a fool, to buy it" but if it turns out to be cheaper than Aust prices, then I don't think it was a bad purchase.

I will even think anything below $150 mark is a good price if you want to compare the Asian Grimlock release and still whinge about prices.

IMO anyone who order those yesterday are at least rest assured in some way and not needing to worry about it over here. For $120 delivered, you can hardly go badly wrong in honesty.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Please remember that prices are an invitation for consumers to accept and purchase it has nothing to do with an agreement that they broke any contract.

One can say "you are a fool, to buy it" but if it turns out to be cheaper than Aust prices, then I don't think it was a bad purchase.

I will even think anything below $150 mark is a good price if you want to compare the Asian Grimlock release and still whinge about prices.

IMO anyone who order those yesterday are at least rest assured in some way and not needing to worry about it over here. For $120 delivered, you can hardly go badly wrong in honesty.
    Providing they complete THEIR end of the deal and actually ship it out. Kinda thinking they are going to cancel my order.

http://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Rangers.../dp/B00I8OSDU4
    You sound very lawyer like lol. I just learnt contract law this semester. He's right that the price they present to you is an invitation to treat. It is up to you to accept that price or counter offer.

But yeah the online prices are marked up cos international users can purchase the item. Look at the Legacy Green Ranger Dragon Dagger. In store it's 69.99, but it's listed as 99.99 online. http://www.toysrus.com/buy/movies-mu...96840-24693246

If anyone is interested in the dagger, it's 79.99 at good ol' amazon

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Providing they complete THEIR end of the deal and actually ship it out. Kinda thinking they are going to cancel my order.
    Well...no harm done, you tried. They did said that they will only charge your credit card when they ship out the order.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi594 View Post
    You sound very lawyer like lol. I just learnt contract law this semester. He's right that the price they present to you is an invitation to treat. It is up to you to accept that price or counter offer.

If anyone is interested in the dagger, it's 79.99 at good ol' amazon
    Kind of learned that quite a long time ago. Its the same as scalpers, I don't like them and I don't need to support them. Nobody is forcing you to get it, they are there for a profit, not for donations. lol

Is just like Good guys, you see a ipad offered lower online but in store is higher, you also do a counter offer if you wish to ask the store to let you have it cheaper.

Megatran Guest

*snip*

Of course, there is a 50/50 chance it may be sold cheaper here in Aus, but is a very slim chance.

*snip*
    Your logic is impeccable I am unable to provide a rebuttal.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Your logic is impeccable I am unable to provide a rebuttal.
    To be honest though, if you just compare it to paying any Takara Grimlock or the KO out there. IS A WIN at $120 delivered. I cannot find any original other than being in US to get such a deal.

Waiting for it may pay off, and it may not. Like said, I don't think you really loose in the end unless TRU here sells it at $80.

I tried to order it online last night, but my payment wasn't finishing and hung at the credit card window. The first time it asked for a code that was sent to my mobile and then it froze after submitting the code. I assumed it didn't go through, so I tried many more times after but I didn't get as far as inputting the mobile code.

But I just received an e-mail reporting that it's been shipped. Hopefully I bought just the one and didn't order 5-10 more from my further attempts!

Mines been shipped also. I was a bit concerned it wasn't gonna happen.