View Poll Results: How complete is your Hasbro G1 collection?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10%

9 29.03%
  • 20%

1 3.23%
  • 30%

2 6.45%
  • 40%

0 0%
  • 50%

0 0%
  • 60%

2 6.45%
  • 70%

1 3.23%
  • 65%

2 6.45%
  • 70%

1 3.23%
  • 75%

1 3.23%
  • 80%

1 3.23%
  • 85%

1 3.23%
  • 90%

4 12.90%
  • 95%

3 9.68%
  • 100%

3 9.68%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: How complete is your G1 collection?

I'm starting to question if I ever will finish my G1 collection now. Due to for the first time in a while being ahead on our finances my wife had no problem with me spending a bit on getting a G1 figure. But every figure I looked at on ebay on the weekend that I didn't have that I wanted, I couldn't justify spending that much on. Even Hardhead who I've wanted for years! Every year the G1 toys on offer become rarer and older and thus dearer and most of them for me have progressed beyond what I think they are worth to add to my collection.

Kind of a sobering realization, since I dreamed one day of owning them all.

Just keep your eyes open for a bargain, they still come up. I got a complete cannon transport on the boards for $15 after skipping the ebay buy it nows for years. I got a AM prowl (complete) for $5 at a collectors fair.

Since looking at it this way (ie: its not a race) its been a lot less stressful for me personally

Quote Originally Posted by theshape View Post
    Just keep your eyes open for a bargain, they still come up. I got a complete cannon transport on the boards for $15 after skipping the ebay buy it nows for years. I got a AM prowl (complete) for $5 at a collectors fair.

Since looking at it this way (ie: its not a race) its been a lot less stressful for me personally
    Good advice Most of what I have picked up in recent years have been Action Master, Micromasters, gimmick ones ( such as Sparkabots etc) but I did get a decent price on Pretender Grimlock earlier this year

I've created a Flipcard activity to make the process of counting G1 TFs a whole lot simpler and hopefully more fun as well. Currently this list only covers the first 2 years' worth of toys, but more will be coming soon. Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I've created a Flipcard activity to make the process of counting G1 TFs a whole lot simpler and hopefully more fun as well. Currently this list only covers the first 2 years' worth of toys, but more will be coming soon. Enjoy.

You are right... that is pretty easy

Cool, I own them all

I was afraid of the odd toy I thought I owned but didn't, specially the Mini-Spies but all good

I'm actually missing 2 Transformers from this era, one of which I didn't include (cos I already hit the 99 limit):
    + MiniSpy, Buggy Type
    + Time Warrior ()

I am not counting Time Warrior - It is more merchandise than anything else. You include that then you may as well not regard your collection complete until you have every Transformers lunchbox, coloring book and sticker sheet (etc) released in that era.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I'm starting to question if I ever will finish my G1 collection now. Due to for the first time in a while being ahead on our finances my wife had no problem with me spending a bit on getting a G1 figure. But every figure I looked at on ebay on the weekend that I didn't have that I wanted, I couldn't justify spending that much on. Even Hardhead who I've wanted for years! Every year the G1 toys on offer become rarer and older and thus dearer and most of them for me have progressed beyond what I think they are worth to add to my collection.

Kind of a sobering realization, since I dreamed one day of owning them all.
    I'm in the same boat mate, often I look at G1 stuff on Evilbay and walk away. The trouble of getting the seller to post more 'useful' pics to be sure that what might be a good deal actually is, is also a bit of a turnoff.

Quote Originally Posted by theshape View Post

Very good advice, I have picked up some very good specimens from this board for some excellent prices over the years.

The first time I went to Botcon I had a list as long as my arm of G1 stuff I was going to look out for. Prices were higher than I really expected so I came away with a couple things.

The second and last time I've been to Botcon, I went with the hope of seeing A specific figure which I had a higher budget for based on previous experience. I found it for a better price and better condition than I was expecting, 10 minutes into the dealer room.

From now on my Botcon trips, if there are ever any more, will have a top five list of G1 figures I'm hunting that should allow me to come away with one figure I'm happy with that will make a good reminder of the event.

I'm yet to do a proper count of my G1 stuff, so much is stored at the moment. I couldn't tell you off hand what I do have.

I did your swipe thing, which was fun, but I couldn't see a tally at the end?
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I've got about 45 in my display cabinet so I put in 10%. I'm not including quite a few of my figures that I gave to my son to play with. It really is cool to think that I was able to pass these 25-30 year old toys to him. Only problem is that he is always asking for me to give him a few more of them from the cabinet each time he checks them out!