3 9.68%
  • wait for takara version.

3 9.68%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Age of Extinction voyager Evasion mode Optimus Prime

Layby'd the Platinum Ed. version today
    3 down, 1 to go

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    I also can't remember the last time I posted anything on OTCA either but that's neither here nor there. I was going to buy a few others but I thought nope, this is the one and I'm going to savour him.
    I thought we had lost you to "Transformers overload" after BotCon last year, as you hadn't posted since you got back last July.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I thought we had lost you to "Transformers overload" after BotCon last year, as you hadn't posted since you got back last July.
    Haha, I just got busy with life around then. Marriage, bought a house, work promotion, family drama. A lot has happened since Botcon 2013!! Are you going to Botcon this year? If so, I'll see you in the line for the box set.

You going again?
    That'll be great. Check out the meet topic.
    Last edited by griffin; 26th May 2014 at 03:36 PM.

The only toy I'm keeping from the aoe line up thus far. His transform is fun! But it's also cheating that this prime has a separate chest AND grill for bot mode xD, but yeah it's kinda hard to get the g1 cab looking like movie prime without cheating or extremely fiddly bits.

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi594 View Post
    The only toy I'm keeping from the aoe line up thus far. His transform is fun! But it's also cheating that this prime has a separate chest AND grill for bot mode xD, but yeah it's kinda hard to get the g1 cab looking like movie prime without cheating or extremely fiddly bits.
    This is the only AOE voyager/deluxe together with High Octane Bumblebee that I don't want. The front of the truck is ugly with too many panel gaps. The colours yuk. Robot mode is awful, especially that grill and the faceplateless head.

I kinda wonder if it wasn't a copy of the G1 truck, would it be any less popular?

Quote Originally Posted by yoshi594 View Post
    Heh, in that sense this toy's kinda reminiscent of Powermaster Optimus Prime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    I kinda wonder if it wasn't a copy of the G1 truck, would it be any less popular?
    I was going to skip this toy... then I saw the trailer. I don't think I would've gotten this toy if Optimus Prime didn't actually appear in the film in this form. Having said that, I was pleasantly surprised by this toy -- I was fully expecting to dislike it, but I've found it to be a really fun toy that's quite addictive to play with. The "paint by numbers" colours are incredibly mundane though, you'll get no argument from me on that.

Got the Platinum version today with the Myer sale. He is soooooo much nicer with the chrome and the face plate! My favourite AOE toy now.
    http://flic.kr/p/nDJsGn

I was really tempted to buy this piece and it seems to have gained a lot of love from most people.

from the pictures, the truck mode looks great! in bot mode, it the paint job does make it look very bland.

first thing i noticed are the pointy things on his shoulders are red and not silver. The whole bot mode just makes it look like chucks of blue and red plastic with very little detail.

and if they did do a more worn out look, im sure it will still look great.

Never fear, Penetrator!
    The AD02 by TakaraTomy is a much better alternative

http://tformers.com/transformers-4-l...3392/news.html

I apologise to your wallet in advance