View Poll Results: So, will you be buying the 2014 MP-3 Grimlock toy here?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • - Yes, at the full $130 price in case it sells out before a sale

13 23.21%
  • - Yes, but only if it goes on sale for $100

4 7.14%
  • - Yes, but only if it goes on sale for $80

3 5.36%
  • - No, I will import it online

2 3.57%
  • - No, I already have the earlier version

28 50.00%
  • - No, I'm not even interested in it

6 10.71%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Will you be buying the 2014 MP-3 Grimlock?

Hope it shelfwarms and be available on sale later on since most collectors already have one.

I have Takaras version already. Can't justify spending money on another one atm. Unless it's cheap

Megatran Guest

Although there doesn't appear to be huge interest according to the poll, I still firmly believe this Hasbro MP Grimlock will fly off the shelves given his popularity as a character ... Just not in the same league as when Hasbro MP Soundwave was released last year. Now that was mass hysteria.

I'll be keen to find out if people (non-TF fans) end up buying utter ridiculous quantities in one transaction for the reason other than to get one for a fellow mate. We all heard what happened to the chap in the US on another TF forum who bought large quantities AND posted it up on their board.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    Hope it shelfwarms and be available on sale later on since most collectors already have one.
    Yeah, I got mine about 4/5 years ago but I know a few mates who would like to pick up one if he becomes cheap

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Although there doesn't appear to be huge interest according to the poll, I still firmly believe this Hasbro MP Grimlock will fly off the shelves given his popularity as a character ... Just not in the same league as when Hasbro MP Soundwave was released last year. Now that was mass hysteria.

I'll be keen to find out if people (non-TF fans) end up buying utter ridiculous quantities in one transaction for the reason other than to get one for a fellow mate. We all heard what happened to the chap in the US on another TF forum who bought large quantities AND posted it up on their board.
    I think they will sell out as well, but mostly by toy dealers/scalpers thinking that they will be able to get $200-300 for them, especially when the Movie comes out and people are doing ebay searches for "Grimlock"... but as we see here, there aren't too many of us who want one who'd be desperate enough to pay that, so as long as they don't clean out stores by buying 10 at once, current members here shouldn't have a problem finding one if they keep an eye out on our news section (or join up to our twitter feed).

Looking on ebay, the ones released in America are all selling for US$100-150, which is a pretty good profit margin on US$65 (incl tax)... but as the Movie draws closer and every man and his dog has "Grimlock" in their head, I'm not sure if there will be a saturation point that has the prices coming down.
    But still hedge your bets by asking your nearest store if you can reserve one if you really want one. (if they start taking names closer to its release)

That's it, isn't it? Everywhere you look there are Dinobots featured, so fans young and old will know or have some idea of who he is. This guy won't be another Acid Storm sitting around.

Still, he won't be the same as the movie as he's G1. Would it matter to the younger movie fans?

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I was going to get this guy but I doubt I will see him on shelves much like I never saw MP Thundercracker , so ive had little interest in this release.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    That's it, isn't it? Everywhere you look there are Dinobots featured, so fans young and old will know or have some idea of who he is. This guy won't be another Acid Storm sitting around.
    And for people who don't know about Grimlock, dinosaurs are still cool; robot dinosaurs, even better.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It is the year of the Dinobots, so this could be popular, but...

It is also a toy that is expensive, and has been released here before in similar colours & accessories. (not to mention twice in Japan, and twice more in Hong Kong)

This figure is US$60 in America (about AU$67), but will be sold at ToysRUs here for AU$130, so since it is a higher markup than normal for us, will this affect the number of people intending to buy one here?
    (importing it online will cost AU$100-120, so would only be a worthwhile option if there are no sales here for Grimlock)

So, will you be buying the 2014 MP-3 Grimlock toy here?
    - Yes, at the full $130 price in case it sells out before a sale
    - Yes, but only if it goes on sale for $100
    - Yes, but only if it goes on sale for $80
    - No, I will import it online
    - No, I already have the earlier version
    - No, I'm not even interested in it

When is this actually coming out to Australia (Perth) I've check Toysrus here and i couldnt find any??

Anyone knows?