Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PlayStation Prime website update - accessories & box art

Default PlayStation Prime website update - accessories & box art

Was starting to get worried lack of news meant this might be delayed - the official site promised updates in December but only just got around to it!
    Still on for Feb 28th by the looks of things now.

Box and art:

CD accessories:

Everybody's Golf and second one looks to be a PS Club disc reminiscent of the old demo discs they used to mail out over here.
    Played the heck out of Demo 1 back in the day!
    Don't know the significance of Everybody's Golf though, they should have put Ridge Racer which was a launch title.

Megatran Guest

Looks good. Cant wait.

I wonder if they will release very soon after a limited edition version as they did with Sega Megatron.

(cringe)... looks nice, but expensive, based on the price of Megatron who was REALLY tiny in alt-mode.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    (cringe)... looks nice, but expensive, based on the price of Megatron who was REALLY tiny in alt-mode.
    Their boxes could be about 25% of the size if they were packaged in alt mode too... but i really like the artwork nice and big

I've had mine on pre-order for a while and can't wait to have him in hand!! Not long to go!

He wasn't THAT expensive - I paid around AU$100 for him at pre-order prices (before the exchange rate tanked - now would be more like $116). I was lucky and got in early - the pre-order price went up another HK$100 (AU$13) about 2 weeks after I'd secured mine.

I've canceled my preorder. I was so disappointed in Megadrive Megatron I'm going to wait till others have Optimus in hand and have given their impressions before I buy him. My Megatron can't stand up so it feels like I wasted my money.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I think the box and presentation for the Megatron (and this one) is some of the best... but not worth paying a premium when the toy inside is really what you are buying (not the packaging), and Megatron Megadrive was not a $100+ toy when it is the size of a Deluxe.

Megatran Guest

You pay a premium for the novelty (x)-factor. And you can't have Megatron without Optimus Prime. Another nice pair to my collection.

I agree about the novelty factor. I'm willing to pay for the quirky uniqueness he'll add to my Optimus collection. I like collecting out of the norm Optimus pieces.
    I'm pretty sure he will retail for a lot more than the pre-order price once he hits the shelves as there is a lot of interest in him. Megs didn't last very long in stores here at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    You pay a premium for the novelty (x)-factor. And you can't have Megatron without Optimus Prime. Another nice pair to my collection.

Yeah this looks to have been a disappointing line despite so much promise in the concept- Hopefully a 3P will do it right as in SNES vs Megadrive with decent toys.