Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Angry Birds

Is the game free to download and play, or is there a cost?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    It is free to download and no money needs to be spent to play and progress. It does get quite repetitive though, and it's as buggy as a nest of cockroaches. Not to mention very inconsistent. Makes it horribly annoying at times. And I can't progress any further without another update, which is apparently "coming soon".

I'm still playing but I don't know for how much longer.

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Free, but boringly repetitive to earn pigs killed to unlock characters, which are also unlocked by toy purchases. They came too late for me, so I couldn't use them. It's a qr type code though, not a voucher or I'd give you mine.

You need gold to train characters, which means gold mining every four hours or so. I do it a few times a day, only takes a sec, but you can pay if you're impatient. Freemium model, so it will suck in kids.

I really want the Jenga sets to unlock that but we aren't getting any
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    It is free to download and no money needs to be spent to play and progress. It does get quite repetitive though, and it's as buggy as a nest of cockroaches. Not to mention very inconsistent. Makes it horribly annoying at times. And I can't progress any further without another update, which is apparently "coming soon".

I'm still playing but I don't know for how much longer.
    Yeah I'm up to 130, assume the next update will make available the 140 areas.

Yeppers, everything m-bot says is right on the money and sums up my feelings exactly

Well the update has finally arrived. Its not bad, a couple of new levels, 4 new characters to unlock and the map graphics are a lot sharper. Some heavier firepower for the Energon characters as well so there is finally a distinction between the classes. Finally they've put in the Skywarp option too so you can just blow up any levels giving you the irrits

The new update is pretty good. Doesn't fix all the issues that I have with the game, but it's an improvement. I've found the Energon characters very fragile all of a sudden though. One or 2 hits and they're gone. Is this just me? Am I imagining things?

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

The new update is pretty good. Doesn't fix all the issues that I have with the game, but it's an improvement. I've found the Energon characters very fragile all of a sudden though. One or 2 hits and they're gone. Is this just me? Am I imagining things?
    The Energon Characters got an increased firepower at the expense of armor as "energon is a volatile substance" or however they explain it in game..
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    The Energon Characters got an increased firepower at the expense of armor as "energon is a volatile substance" or however they explain it in game..
    Yeah it can be a pain in the butt - spend 600 fixing them up then they are gone 10 secs back into the level

After not being able to play for ages due to crashing etc, I finally took another look at the game and it is now playable. Still requires far too many things to level up once you get to level 90 (as I just reached) but .. we shall continue playing.

Just wish I could get a couple of the toys to make recharging the character cheaper.

I didn't have much high expectations with this toyline, ever since it was first leaked over a year ago... but I didn't think it would be so unwanted by retailers that it's almost impossible to find all of the toys (which were supposed to be released last October).

All we ended up with here were the first wave of singles and doubles, plus one Bumblebee trackset that looks like it could be exclusive to Toyworld, and the big Optimus trackset that was a Kmart exclusive.

On ebay I could find a few of the translucent 5-pack from a variety of countries, but the Jenga sets were so hard to find, I'm thinking that they must have had a very limited release in America, like if Hasbro only had a small promo amount of stock.
    I also found the large Bumblebee Jenga game from a German ebay listing, in European packaging... but none of the others below in great quantities or at all.

Telepod Racer Packs (US$6 - AU$9)
    - - Wave 2 (OCT?)
    Grimlock Bird - (Movie? dino-car)
    Megatron Pig - Movie? redeco Bludgeon tank
    Thundercracker Pig - (redeco Starscream)

Battle Packs (US$10 - AU$19)
    - - Wave 2 (OCT?)
    Jazz Bird Vs Brawl Pig - (unknown) & (unknown)

Vehicle packs (non-convertible vehicle with head, Jenga blocks & launcher) (US$10 - AU$??)
    - - Wave 1 (SEPT) OUT US OCT - NOT HERE
    Soundwave Pig - Animated van w/ Soundwave Pig head
    Lockdown Pig - Movie car w/ Lockdown Pig head
    Galvatron Pig - Movie truck w/ Galvatron Pig head
    Heatwave the Fire-Bot Bird - Rescue Bots firetruck w/ Heatwave Bird head

Jenga Games (non-convertible with a target object)
    - - Wave 1 (SEPT) OUT US OCT? - NOT HERE
    Bumblebee Battle game (US$20 - AU$??) - Giant Megatron Pig w/ non-convertible Bumblebee car & heads (Bumblebee Bird, Megatron Pig).
    Optimus Prime Attack game (US$30 - AU$??) - Giant Grimlock Bird w/ non-convertible Optimus Prime truck & heads (Optimus Prime Bird, Galvatron Pig, Starscream Pig, Deceptihog Stinger Pig).

If we see Angry Birds on display at Toyfair US or AUS, it would suggest that the line was put on hold until they could better promote them to retailers.
    If not, it kinda defeats the point of having unlockable elements in a tie-in game if a large number of the toys don't end up getting released. (and works against the cross-promotional element of getting onto the game if there aren't enough toys out there to encourage kids to use the barcode that they have paid for - the toys should be half the price for their size, so some of the cost must be going into having them compatible to the game)

Has anyone been collecting these, either as a Transformers fan or Angry Birds fan, or just for the QR code (barcode) to unlock things in the game? Was there anything above that wasn't released here something that you were looking forward to buying?