Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162131 ... LastLast

Thread: MP Ultra Magnus Official Pics

Smint is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Im always in awe of the engineering that goes into every MP. UM looks amazing!

These scans make him so much more enticing...

So the cab folds out like a cardboard box. Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I was going to give this a go, like I did with the original grey prototype, but someone's already done it.
    woo.... doesnt look too bad! I'd like to see what premium or special edition of this toy will be released to go with YOTH Prime

The red on the rear of the cab does look unsightly, but looking at the transformation in the cartoon where the colour just magically morphs from white to red, I think it's understandable.

Whoa, I didn't know that his face expression was changeable! According to the text caption below the photo of the open mouth, it's to recreate the scene from TFTM when Ultra Magnus is attempting to open the Matrix! So it's his expression as he's being terminated by the Sweeps -- ouch! Pretty morbid considering that the only time Magnus' mouth is gaping wide open like that during that scene is when he blows up! (prior to that, he just looks and sounds constipated ) In the Marvel Comic adaptation, he has a similar expression at the moment when the Sweeps tear him apart!

Morbid? They released an entire figure who was dead

ohhhhhh.. this is getting more and more exciting... cannot wait for its release!

How weird is that? I never noticed the red bumper in the cartoon... and even had to look at my youtube link above, just to realise that it was indeed there all this time.
    I guess it was a blindspot thanks to the toy not having one, so is hard to accept it on the MP toy.
    If Hasbro release this toy, they'll probably give it toy colours of silver or white.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    (prior to that, he just looks and sounds constipated )
    "Open dammit! Open!! Prime, you said the matrix would light our darkest hour!"

Hehe
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    How weird is that? I never noticed the red bumper in the cartoon... and even had to look at my youtube link above, just to realise that it was indeed there all this time.
    I guess it was a blindspot thanks to the toy not having one, so is hard to accept it on the MP toy.
    If Hasbro release this toy, they'll probably give it toy colours of silver or white.
    I am having a hard time accepting it myself. The truck mode looks hideous with the reds.

Looks good so far, I'll wait and see how it is in hand though. I don't have a problem with the red bumper, Chrome might have been a better choice but it all depends what you are after(Cartoon vs toy). It doesn't really detract from the figure

Takara(TOMY)'s MPs are typically about cartoon-likeness, so I can totally understand the need for the red bumper. Hasbro has been known to go for toy-likeness (e.g. Rodimus, Soundwave), so they might do the chrome bumper. I find it harder to predict what Hasbro will do.