Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Target Toy Sale 23 July - 6 August

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    I had a good look at the Lego Ewok Village and that was an easy pass, the rest just seems like the same ol' same ol' that we've seen from the other retailers for the last four weeks now.
    I have to strongly disagree with you there. I admit that Target's toy sale is disappointing from a TF perspective (a few dollars off deluxes, at least, would have been nice) but neither of the other big two have bothered to carry Marvel Legends, and neither of them had the new Megazord. I'll consider my $200 tomorrow money well-spent.

Picked up the catalog today. The Grimmy/Optimus pack for $45 is the only thing at the sale I'm really interested in. Usually I don't buy a recolour of a figure I already have but I was rather impressed with that figures robot-mode so having a FOC coloured one in T-Rex mode and this G1 coloured one in robot mode appeals.

The only other thing I would get is if they finally significantly reduce their FOC Voyager Soundwaves - I picked up Soundblaster back in the day and the Soundwaves have been shelfwarming for yonks here in Swan Hill. If they are really cheap I'd grab one so I could have Laserbeak but my hopes are not high. I think if they ever intended to really drop the price more than $10 they would have done so by now

Really wanted to make sure I didn't miss the Grimmy 2 pack (and so I could get the special price early ) I ordered online for a click and collect. Knowing that the store had them in stock I was expecting an email the next day or so after saying that it is ready for collection.

However sadly no, I got an email two days later saying it had been dispatched from their warehouse in Melbourne and would be available in store on Thursday!

What a stupid system!!! If I had known that I would have got delivered directly to my home. If a store has the items in stock, which many companies know what stock levels are like in all stores, then it should be picked from the shelves.

Click and collect is meant to be a convenient, easy, and faster way to shop.

Australian Retail really needs to step up to the plate and take some pointers from other countries retailers for example like Argos in the uk. Argos you can real time order a product from a store online (It also shows stock levels), then hop in your car and collect straight away.

When Amazon eventually comes to Australia (Books went up this year), it will obliterate Aussie retail unless they have better systems in place.

Rant over!

Never tried Targets Click and Collect but Myers is awesome. Bought and paid for some TFs day before their toy sale started and got them same day, at sale prices of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Holdobot View Post
    However sadly no, I got an email two days later saying it had been dispatched from their warehouse in Melbourne and would be available in store on Thursday!

What a stupid system!!! If I had known that I would have got delivered directly to my home. If a store has the items in stock, which many companies know what stock levels are like in all stores, then it should be picked from the shelves.

Click and collect is meant to be a convenient, easy, and faster way to shop.

Australian Retail really needs to step up to the plate and take some pointers from other countries retailers for example like Argos in the uk. Argos you can real time order a product from a store online (It also shows stock levels), then hop in your car and collect straight away.

When Amazon eventually comes to Australia (Books went up this year), it will obliterate Aussie retail unless they have better systems in place.

Rant over!
    There is no way this system would work in every target store across the state. I can understand for maybe the few flagship stores, however brick and mortar stores don't work that way, and inventory will never be accurate enough to provide this type of click and collect service with out a major over haul & implementation of a new system to handle it. Personally I don't see the big deal, unless you need the item urgently, in which case online probably isn't your best choice to begin with...
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Dkaris View Post
    There is no way this system would work in every target store across the state. I can understand for maybe the few flagship stores, however brick and mortar stores don't work that way, and inventory will never be accurate enough to provide this type of click and collect service with out a major over haul & implementation of a new system to handle it. Personally I don't see the big deal, unless you need the item urgently, in which case online probably isn't your best choice to begin with...
    This is not only possible but very easily achieved. Even Harvey Norman has a system that can, and does this. A staff member can see stock levels of a particular item at any Harvey Norman, Domayne, and, Joyce Mayne Australia Wide. Customers can even do that on their website! Then they can buy online and go to the store. This is from Gerry Harvey, who was, and is sceptical about internet shopping.

At the moment it isn't a big deal, however when Amazon comes and offers next or same day delivery to your door at a more than competitive price. Bricks and Mortar will be in big trouble. The internet needs bricks and mortar because customers want to feel and touch products. They also get expert advice, and often use that information to buy online. Bricks and mortar know this and internet only based business steal much of bricks and mortar's sales. Australian retail needs to lift their game so that when internet companies do target the market customers are already intern he'd into buying from them.

This is why Harvey Norman had to act, Kogan's took the electrical appliance industry by storm and took big money from bricks and mortar.

This is why click and collect is a winner with retail. Customers can order online, know that their product is there, conveniently pick it up from a local store, without the hassle of searching from retailer to retailer to find if a product is in stock. All this BEFORE an online order can arrive. It is the convenience of buying online without the wait. That is why it is so popular, and will save retail IF they do it RIGHT and EARLY.

Target etc also have that option of seeing what store has what stock in hand, that isn't the issue. What is however, is the massive amount of individual product codes a store like Target, Kmart & Big W carry compared to Harvey Norman.
    In order to effectively manage such a large inventory,you would need a substantial overhaul to ensure accurate stock figures from the warehouse to back dock & then to the salesfloor, tracking real time sales both online & instore etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Why is it when I use the Search function and type in "Transformers" the first item is "Michelle Bridges' Total Body Transformation".

Just the Optimus & Grimlock 2-pack for me. (Shame the Star Wars pinball toy is not on sale).
    It's a sign dude! The universe is telling you it's time for the 10 week body blaster biggest loser programme!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Target etc also have that option of seeing what store has what stock in hand, that isn't the issue. What is however, is the massive amount of individual product codes a store like Target, Kmart & Big W carry compared to Harvey Norman.
    In order to effectively manage such a large inventory,you would need a substantial overhaul to ensure accurate stock figures from the warehouse to back dock & then to the salesfloor, tracking real time sales both online & instore etc etc.
    I do understand that they would have more product codes, and would be a more complicated system. However, the plan "A" should be stock from store and "B" from online warehouse. Not the other way around. Not to mention the order appears to be separately shipped by Toll adding unnecessary cost. Yes it is a big job, Yes it is a complicated job. A true click and collect is the biggest weapon bricks and mortar has in their arsenal. They cannot provide cheaper prices because of staff and rent, the advantage is in the convenience. Take away the convenience and people will move to online ordering.

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gofigure View Post
    It's a sign dude! The universe is telling you it's time for the 10 week body blaster biggest loser programme!
    *Drops sugar-coated donut onto floor*

*Picks up donut off floor, gives it a light dusting off & continues eating*
    My body ain't a pristine temple.