Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: July's Jubilant Jewels

Kreon Nighbeat. Still need to get Jetwash (Jetfire), Trypticon, Mindswipe and maybe Fangwolf (Cybertron Snarl). No QC issues!
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    So while not a Transformer but I did manage to get one of the Big W display shelf. I am impressed by how solid it is.

Nice work.

I was thinking of trying to get this one as well, but wasn't as excited about it, and then ended up not going back to the store in time due to a bout of illness during that time.

It isn't easy getting hold of those full-size displays, as it took a lot of effort for me to get the one from two years ago (giant Optimus truck), but failed to get the one last year that I wanted (it was a Spiderman display, but had a really nice City diorama).

Getting it home would have been tough too.

Quote Originally Posted by Reflector View Post
    Been a while since ive posted anything, but i recently got this framed. Thought you guys might like it.

[IMG][/IMG]
    A VERY interesting artefact there.

The $1000 of Transformers would have been pretty awesome, if you think about their retail prices back then. I wouldn't have thought we would have had that many by that stage to make up $1000, but at the very least, it would have been a fairly complete collection of toys if most of the 1985 toys were out by the middle of the year.

I read it like that at first too, but its "a share of" the prize. The $1000 worth of toys got split between 10 major winners and 50 minor winners. I'm still curious about the Devestators, an odd word to use and capitalise if you don't mean Devastator.

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    I think it refers to decepticons causing devastation,
    Or "devestation" as the case may be.

Love that poster!

July stuff. Sudden burst of extra income made me spent more than usual. The Evolution 2-pack dinobots were scanning at $24.99. I thought they were $39.99. So picked them up.

Masterpiece Prowl, Gen Blitzwing (need Springer), Rescue Dinobots legends? (Which are awesome by the way) and a few Kreo combiners.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Nice work.

I was thinking of trying to get this one as well, but wasn't as excited about it, and then ended up not going back to the store in time due to a bout of illness during that time.

It isn't easy getting hold of those full-size displays, as it took a lot of effort for me to get the one from two years ago (giant Optimus truck), but failed to get the one last year that I wanted (it was a Spiderman display, but had a really nice City diorama).

Getting it home would have been tough too.
    Thanks mate

I saw that you had the Optimus truck display and thought that I should get one myself.

It was a lot of work to get it home as they are put together surprisingly well, and I broke a shelf off when I tried to take the first display case apart. So I just end up taking Grimlock's head and the non-broken shelf home. My van was very full.

AoE Bumblebee.
    $17 delivered from Amazon.
    Mainly for the alt mode

TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

I'm feeling jealous of the people picking up MP Prowl, I hate not having a TRU nearby.

BUT I did get this guy in the mail today!