Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ordering from TRU.com - iParcel

Default Ordering from TRU.com - iParcel

Just placed my first order via tru.com - the exclusive Kre-O Grimlock Unleashed set, and I am worried.

I entered my details, moved onto the next step and entered credit card details.
    Box changed to waiting when I clicked the place order button and stayed there for over 25 minutes.

Credit card has been charged, but I do not have an order number, email confirmation or anything to tell me I have placed the order. Is this standard or am I doing a credit card charge back.

(Sure there was a thread already around on this topic, but I am unable to find)

Cheers :-)

Maybe its all good

iParcel replied to my 'did I order the items' email with a Tracking Number
    Tracking number does show it was generated a few days ago though ...

Guess I shall have to be patient and see

It does sound a little vague mate, I have no experience with this particular online seller but it's pretty rare not to get some sort of notification.

I hope it works out fine for you.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I've just had a massive $h*tfight with TRU.com and I-parcel over MP Grimlock and I'm about to start a paypal dispute to get my money back.

When you purchase internationally at TRU, you enter into a contract to purchase the item via I-parcel who takes payment on behalf of TRU and purchases the stock from them. Problem is I-parcel claim they are just a forwarding service and that all responsibility lies with the vendor which is simply not true.

When I tried to inquire about the status of my order, they claimed that TRU had marked the package as sent and were waiting for it to arrive at their warehouse, which is fair enough, so I waited.

Fast forward another week and still no news. Turns out that the first email I got was a generic copy/paste reply, because now they start telling me I need to contact TRU directly to see if it's been sent. No matter what you email to I-Parcel, they will just tell you to contact TRU and that it's not their problem.

When I finally did get a reply out of TRU, they said:

"We would like to mention that when an order is placed for international shipping you are agreeing that you are purchasing merchandise from our shipping partner, I-PARCEL, from the moment the order is completed into their system, they will handle the transaction."

They also mentioned they'd cancelled my order because they weren't expecting more stock and hadn't bothered to inform me because it was I-Parcel's job.

So they've had my money for 18 days for an item they never intended to send, all the while involving me in a pointless back and forth between the 2 companies which the customer really should NOT need to play a part in and now I need to fight to have my funds returned to me.

Needless to say they won't be seeing any further business from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shirokaze View Post
    I've just had a massive $h*tfight with TRU.com and I-parcel over MP Grimlock and I'm about to start a paypal dispute to get my money back.

When you purchase internationally at TRU, you enter into a contract to purchase the item via I-parcel who takes payment on behalf of TRU and purchases the stock from them. Problem is I-parcel claim they are just a forwarding service and that all responsibility lies with the vendor which is simply not true.

When I tried to inquire about the status of my order, they claimed that TRU had marked the package as sent and were waiting for it to arrive at their warehouse, which is fair enough, so I waited.

Fast forward another week and still no news. Turns out that the first email I got was a generic copy/paste reply, because now they start telling me I need to contact TRU directly to see if it's been sent. No matter what you email to I-Parcel, they will just tell you to contact TRU and that it's not their problem.

When I finally did get a reply out of TRU, they said:

"We would like to mention that when an order is placed for international shipping you are agreeing that you are purchasing merchandise from our shipping partner, I-PARCEL, from the moment the order is completed into their system, they will handle the transaction."

They also mentioned they'd cancelled my order because they weren't expecting more stock and hadn't bothered to inform me because it was I-Parcel's job.

So they've had my money for 18 days for an item they never intended to send, all the while involving me in a pointless back and forth between the 2 companies which the customer really should NOT need to play a part in and now I need to fight to have my funds returned to me.

Needless to say they won't be seeing any further business from me.
    Sorry to hear that you are having troubles with them. My transaction process was as smooth as a babies bottom. But that was nearly 2 months ago.

Shirokaze - did you get any form of order confirmation from TRU/iParcel when ordering?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    Sorry to hear that you are having troubles with them. My transaction process was as smooth as a babies bottom. But that was nearly 2 months ago.
    Yeah after seeing everyone's success in the Grimlock news thread I thought it'd be pretty seamless.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    Shirokaze - did you get any form of order confirmation from TRU/iParcel when ordering?
    I received order confirmation immediately upon ordering from toysrus@iparcel.com or something along those lines.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shirokaze View Post
    Yeah after seeing everyone's success in the Grimlock news thread I thought it'd be pretty seamless.

I received order confirmation immediately upon ordering from toysrus@iparcel.com or something along those lines.
    It appears you are not the only one, AJprime had issues as well and everything looks okay but the order didn't fall through.

What I fekt though is they should release the funds back withing 5 days rather the whole 15 days bs I am hearing that you guys are getting.

I have had two parcels go missing, and in the end I just got tired of complaining and wrote it off. Now I will get them shipped to a US mail forwarder, never had anything ever go missing.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

I had my money refunded through PayPal when TRU couldn't verify my order... This involved repeated calls to the US.
    Lots of hassle.
    In the end I did receive my TRU order after a long wait.
    Had to do the right thing and paid iParcel the money back...
    Although it was very tempting to hold onto the money as the communication from both TRU and iParcel was seriously lacking... especially with TRU as they didn't even bother