Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transformers names for kids

Default Transformers names for kids

Hi everyone, just thought I'd announce on here (since we are still keeping it quiet in the real world and there are only a couple of you I've met in real life) that we are expecting our second kid

Anyway, wondered what people thought of TF names for children? As many of you know I was lucky enough for my wife to go along with naming our first son Orion Samuel, don't think I can get away with a TF name a second time Don't know if we are having a boy or girl yet.

Anyway, what do people think are good TF names for kids? I've wracked my brain for suitable girls ones and come up with little. They are all too easy to make fun of. Examples:

Elita - "a litre of what? milk?"
    Arcee - "do they call you Arsey because you have a big bum?"
    Chromia - "like to sniff from spray cans do you?"

I suppose we could have Alice (ROTF), Sari (Animated) or Ariel (Pre-Elita). But can anyone think of any more? I don't want Alice because I don't want my daughter jumping guys in college, Sari because she was half human and since we have Orion it would be weird to name his sister after his TF namesakes girlfriend Ariel To be honest we've already picked our girls name anyway but I'm still indulging myself in this nerdy brain exercise

And as for boys names, I suppose there is Rad, Dion, Cliff(jumper) but buggered if I can think of any others. Of those I think I could get Dion past the missus but it would be a battle.

Anyway, my personal situation aside:

What TF names do you think would be good for kids?

List so far (will add peoples suggestions to it)

Boys
    Orion (Pax) - G1
    Samuel - Movie
    Dion - G1
    Cliff(jumper) - G1
    Rad - G1
    Leo (Convoy) - BWII - Ode to a Grasshopper
    Magnus (Ultra) - G1 - Ode to a Grasshopper
    Max/imus (Fortress) - G1 - Ode to a Grasshopper
    Peter - VA - Ode to a Grasshopper
    Cullen - VA - Ode to a Grasshopper

Girls
    Alice - ROTF
    Sari - Animated
    Ariel - G1
    Carly - G1 - Sharky
    Mikayla - Movie - Sharky

Joke Ones
    Wheeljack - Batrim
    Sinnertwin - Ode to a Grasshopper

Last edited by BigTransformerTrev; 8th August 2014 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Added names

I think Ariel would be linked to The Little Mermaid too much. With some of the names parents give there kids these days (Seriously in my son Marcus' school photo his name is the odd one out) you could call you second child Wheeljack and no one would bat an eyelid.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

but you always have Carly for girls or adopt a movie name in Mikayla or the variations on the spelling

as for stange names i was in a toys r us once and heard a mother going mad on her daughter..... Metallica.........
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Handy hint: if you get the mother doped up enough for the birth you can pretty much name the child whatever you want.

Handy hint #2: "Sinnertwin" is an entirely appropriate name for both girls and boys that your wife will love when she sobers up. "Slayride" also has a certain charm - maybe if you have twins.

Handy hint #3: don't follow any of the above advice.

Anyway, you might be able to get away with Magnus for a boy. Leo, from Leo Convoy. Maximus at a stretch, as long as you sold it as a better-sounding 'Max'.
    Minerva might pass for girls.

Alternately, look to the voice actors: Peter or Cullen would probably fly.

Given what Alice was in the movie, I consider that a very creepy name for a kid.

super congratulations on expecting your second btw.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Firstly, I just wanted to say congratulations to you both!

How about Drift? If people can call their kid Blade, Drift would actually be an awesome name for a boy.

Or anything starting with "B". That way you can nickname him/her "B" (Bee)...

My cat is called Ravage. How about that?

Or Mikaela, Sam, Elita, (Wheel)Jack, Sky(Lynx), Trion, Daniel, Spike, Kup?

Rod(imus)
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Congrats Trev, that's pretty exciting!

Jazz, of course, works for both boys and girls. :9 also short for Jasmine, Jacyntha, and Jasper if you wanted to be a little inconspicuous.
    Jazz is often described as a long time friend of Optimus, so if you're hoping your kids will live up to their namesakes they should get along swimmingly!

Percy, short for the boys' name Percival, but also a nickname for Perceptor.

Carmen Blaster's sister he mentions in a marvel letters page, turns into a curling iron.

Minerva is also the name of a Roman goddess. Although I think the name would have a stronger association with Madam Professor Minerva McGonagall, from Harry Potter, rather than Transformers.

My favourite kids' names from Transformers are Magnus and Ariel though. They're both names that have existed for a long time in human history and still hold up well today I think.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    Minerva is also the name of a Roman goddess. Although I think the name would have a stronger association with Madam Professor Minerva McGonagall, from Harry Potter, rather than Transformers.
    Or the Minerva's Den DLC for Bioshock 2. Thats what I normally associate Minerva with even tho I never played it.

Anyway theres Coby, Bud, Lori, Lucy and Mike. The humans from Cybertron, my favourite of the Unicron trilogy series. I don't think any of those guys are super hated like Kicker.