Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Reissue of Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    I did get the YOTH version recently and really like it as I don't have any other versions of it. I think I do prefer the takara colours though so hopefully they will re-issue it, it might just be the photography but that blue just really stands out as so bright!
    It is, is following cartoon accuracy whereas takara is G1 accurate.
    My only problem is Takara tony is not reissuing theirs and when Asia hasbro reissue them, it cost an arm unlike the prices here.

I also mention the KO version is actually very nicely painted compared to these two which they both have their ups and downs.

I probably get the takara one down the road if the price is right.

A lot of newbies do not understand what's the big deal about this figure as they had the mp-1 version. Likewise I am guilty of that and hence missed the boat so many times for the takara and by the time you collected so many cars, you realise oh crap.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    It is, is following cartoon accuracy whereas takara is G1 accurate.
    My only problem is Takara tony is not reissuing theirs and when Asia hasbro reissue them, it cost an arm unlike the prices here.

I also mention the KO version is actually very nicely painted compared to these two which they both have their ups and downs.

I probably get the takara one down the road if the price is right.

A lot of newbies do not understand what's the big deal about this figure as they had the mp-1 version. Likewise I am guilty of that and hence missed the boat so many times for the takara and by the time you collected so many cars, you realise oh crap.
    I missed the original MP-10 Takara release, and I had the same thought. I have MP-01 and MP-04 why would I need this new version. Boy am I glad that I read alot of the reviews and managed to get the Hasbro release for $110, and because I really like it I ended up getting one of the reissues of MP-10.

I also did the same thing with MP-11, cause I already have MP-03, but thanks to Sunstorm I am now a proud owner of a reissue of MP-11.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    I also did the same thing with MP-11, cause I already have MP-03, but thanks to Sunstorm I am now a proud owner of a reissue of MP-11.
    Same here. I already have 2 different MP Starscreams (original MP-3 and the Hasbro version), as well as the MP3 versions of MP Skywarp and Thundercracker... I really couldn't justify getting MP-11. But Sunstorm and Acid Storm have now allowed me to own two versions of the MP-11 mould as new characters. I also personally like my original 3 Seekers as MP3s and the two new Seekers as MP11, as it makes the two sets of MP Seekers look distinct from each other. I wouldn't mind it if they retooled MP11 for Ramjet, Dirge and Thrust either.

Looks like its not just me who thought i was just gonna get milked for an mp10 when i have an mp1 n 4.

And now i was an mp10.

Been into the darker colour tones lately and special editions only, and love the yoth colour scheme and dig the gold and clear trailer. Does make it look like a premium edition.

This hasbro reissue does look rather toy like. I know its suppose to be more cartoon accurate, but doesn't do it much for me. I would rather go for eva green convoy.

Or wait for diaclone magnus

Hope the taktom one gets reissued… again… and again lol

It will but way over priced by Asia hasbro.
    Some people prefer hasbro version over takara.
    Me, I am happy with either one.
    The ko did attract me as it actually quite well done and better painted of the two.

Some people would mix and match parts and choose what they want.
    I will get the takara if it is Japanese rerun.

Just like the reissue of the Masterpiece Grimlock in Asia having a bonus item (that throne), the reissue of the Masterpiece Optimus in Asia is also getting a bonus item... Vector Sigma and the Key.

The promo image of the key looks shiny, but could just be the image.

I think this is the first official Vector Sigma and Key from Hasbro (as an accessory)... so could be highly sought after.

I am so up for it as I waited for an original mp-10 for so long and this was decent priced. Few more days to go .

Oh that's cool

I want it.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Is the Vector Sigma gift set included with preorders only?

And what was the original retail price of the Hasbro MP-10 when it was sold here?

Ohh awesome!!! Glad I preordered one now