Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: MP Star Saber coloured prototype

Quote Originally Posted by BruiseLee View Post
    Got a shipping notice from HLJ too!

Strange this was the case when I checked earlier today but they are back listing at 14,400 yen but at low stock. Think perhaps some people missed the 3 day payment deadline and their pre order hold was released.
    Ah, so it is.... but be quick if anyone still wants one.
    (it was out of stock yesterday and this morning)

The 3 day payment deadline would explain why Swoop is back in stock, which was the only one I missed on the day the MPs were released.

Anime Export shipping cost was 4700 JPY to Melb for both SS and Exhaust. Not too bad once shipping costs split, About $26 each item.

It is very hard to know how HLJ prioritize shipments, and very hard to know if "In Stock" truly means In Stock due to the way their website works (it is not real time, since they still manually check and confirm your order after paying for it and I have missed out before on an in stock item.

EDIT: 3860 Yen for MP-23 and MP-24 via EMS to New Zealand via HLJ
    3200 for MP-24, rest for MP-23

It is confusing and worrying to those who pre-order from them, as Star Saber was available to purchase by new people and then out of stock for about two days, and then was in-stock again before a couple people here had theirs processed... and that might have only been from people who didn't pay their pre-order within 3 days, which could have ended up being bad for some if all were paid. (or maybe they had their shipment from TakaraTomy arrive over a couple days)

In case people are interested Star Saber is on the shelves here in HK (no MP-23 though). My "local" store has him for HK$1098 (AU$180.26).

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It is confusing and worrying to those who pre-order from them, as Star Saber was available to purchase by new people and then out of stock for about two days, and then was in-stock again before a couple people here had theirs processed... and that might have only been from people who didn't pay their pre-order within 3 days, which could have ended up being bad for some if all were paid. (or maybe they had their shipment from TakaraTomy arrive over a couple days)
    Hence, I have left feedback before, I told them that if the stock allocation is correct, then there is no reason why the customer cannot pay up front for the item and wait for the correct shipping cost. < of course is just feedback.

It is rarely an in stock item is not accurate, but yes it does happens.

BTW, Aussie dollar is back up a bit, good time to pay stuff if those who were hesitating.

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Just got charged by HLJ.
    Better HLJ than the Police.

still waiting for my shipping notice from hlj
    oh, the first world problems

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    Hence, I have left feedback before, I told them that if the stock allocation is correct, then there is no reason why the customer cannot pay up front for the item and wait for the correct shipping cost. < of course is just feedback.

It is rarely an in stock item is not accurate, but yes it does happens.
    To be fair, they probably have dozens of other suppliers that are less reliable than TakaraTomy, and want to have a single payment system that covers all items, and doesn't leave them with having to refund all the time when suppliers fail. (and even items from reliable sources like TakaraTomy that don't get released, like the AD-18 & AD-19, or the four BeCool trailers that have been listed on HLJ since mid 2013).

They've probably seen it as easier to not have pre-payment and be stuck with the mess of refunds (especially in part orders, or with shipping paid), and just be willing to be stuck with excess stock from people who don't pay for the items when they arrive.

As for collectors, not pre-paying can often be good, to have the flexibility to buy from another source later who might have it for less, or get it late. At least, that's what I seem to do a lot with BBTS, and prefer it - I've cancelled pre-orders when it has shown up at Amazon first for less, as well as showing up here for less (like the two Leader Megatrons a couple weeks ago - something I wouldn't have been able to do if I had pre-paid for them at BBTS).