Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SDCC Transformers exclusives official images

Default SDCC Transformers exclusives official images

Three sets this year, and SDCC starts in just one week (23rd in America), so Hasbro have released the official images... most of which we've seen released through news websites already.

Knights of Unicron Transformers set - US$184.99
    Deluxe 4-pack of Fall of Cybertron moulds - Optimus Prime, Jazz (with Animated Ratbat), Megatron (with Animated Laserbeak), Soundwave. Plus display boxes and "tour memorabilia", including a history booklet of the band and song lyrics.

Dinobots Action Figure Collection – US$159.99
    Four-pack of Movie Dinobots in Gen1 colours - Voyager Grimlock, Deluxe Strafe (as Swoop), Deluxe Snarl, Deluxe Slug (as Slag). Plus a giant fold-open diorama of the Ark and Teletran-1 in Mount St Hillary, created by the person who did the Transformers pop-up book last year. (a perfect display diorama for Gen1 and Beast Wars fans)

Transformers Kre-O Class of 1984 – US$59.99
    Thirty non-converting Kreons to commemorate Thirty years of Transformers (not the first Thirty that came out in 1984), plus an assortment of Kre-O accessories that are 80s themed or the other three Decepticon Tapes from 1984 (Ravage, Laserbeak, Buzzsaw).
    Autobots - Arcee, Bluestreak, Brawn, Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Autobot Gears, Autobot Hound, Huffer, Ironhide, Autobot Jazz, Mirage, Optimus Prime, Perceptor, Prowl, Autobot Ratchet, Sideswipe, Sunstreaker, Trailcutter, Ultra Magnus, Wheeljack, Windcharger.
    Decepticons - Decepticon Frenzy, Megatron, Decepticon Rumble, Shockwave, Skrapnel, Skywarp, Soundwave, Starscream, Thundercracker.

It is good to see that most of the names are currently in use, or at least being able to use their allegiance as a prefix. I had thought they had Trailbreaker back since there is a Microchanger Kreon coming out this year with the original name. It is just a shame that Shrapnel is also still "lost", because it's new name (Skrapnel) puts it after Sideswipe alphabetically... but if you look at the boxed picture, those two were not re-shuffled to match the names that are printed below their windows. So if the final version looks like that, there will be much complaining about those two having the wrong names under them.
    It also looks to be based on the Cartoon universe, so they have Rumble blue and Frenzy red.

If you are planning on getting any of these, keep an eye on secondary sources from next weekend, like Ebay... or the Hasbro America Online store if you have a friend in America and they don't sell out during SDCC.

If Hasbro made equal quantities of each, I think the Dinobots set will sell out during SDCC, and maybe the Kreo set. I will be surprised if the Rock Band set sells out, since it's theme is more for the cultish fans and is so much more expensive than the Dinobots (which is also a 4-pack, but one toy is bigger in that set... and a much cooler diorama).
    Last edited by griffin; 17th July 2014 at 08:50 PM.

Bought/preordered the kreo from eBay. About $120usd shipped.

Quote Originally Posted by nexusnixx View Post
    Bought/preordered the kreo from eBay. About $120usd shipped.
    that's a good price! is the seller still selling more? I can see one on ebay for ~200 Aud shipped

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post

Dinobots Action Figure Collection – US$159.99
    Four-pack of Movie Dinobots in Gen1 colours - Voyager Grimlock, Voyager Slog (as Sludge), Deluxe Snarl, Deluxe Slug (as Slag). Plus a giant fold-open diorama of the Ark and Teletran-1 in Mount St Hillary, created by the person who did the Transformers pop-up book last year. (a perfect display diorama for Gen1 and Beast Wars fans)
    Isn't Swoop/Strafe in the dinobot collection? There's no Slog as Sludge repaint in the pictures.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

I really want the Knights of Unicron set but not at that kinda of price for 4 deluxes. I hope they shelf warm like the ACG-CON Metroplex so I can get them for a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Isn't Swoop/Strafe in the dinobot collection? There's no Slog as Sludge repaint in the pictures.
    Oops, got that one mixed up. Slog is indeed the one missing.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I really want the Knights of Unicron set but not at that kinda of price for 4 deluxes. I hope they shelf warm like the ACG-CON Metroplex so I can get them for a good price.
    It's sad to say it... but US$185 is still cheaper than what four Deluxe BotCon at-show toys would cost you from FunPub, and you don't get all those extras.
    (the Clone 2-pack was US$95, making it US$190 for four Deluxes)

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It's sad to say it... but US$185 is still cheaper than what four Deluxe BotCon at-show toys would cost you from FunPub, and you don't get all those extras.
    (the Clone 2-pack was US$95, making it US$190 for four Deluxes)
    Ouch. I saw a guy on ebay that only has a $95USD mark up on these and $30 shipping to Australia with a perfect ebay record. I might get them from him just to be sure I got them. Better than the $400ish prices some are charging on ebay for this set.

A couple of other pre-SDCC press releases...

From ToysRUs, who have held back the release of Masterpiece Prowl and Sunstorm to release them exclusively first at SDCC (which they did last year for Soundwave and Acid Storm).

And the Angry Birds people will be showing off their upcoming projects (including Transformers) in an exhibit outside the Convention Centre, so that the general public can see it.

There's a spelling mistake in the title. "Transformere."
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust