Page 40 of 41 FirstFirst ... 203035363738394041 LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece MP-23 Exhaust

Wow. Now I feel validated for never buying from them. The fact that they didn't announce it previously and in the manner they have just shows how shady they are. I'd be pissed.

I bet in ten years this version will be worth more than the original
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Wow, that is something I would not have expected from TFSource. I've only ordered a few things from them, but never had a problem.

I definitely don't agree with what they've done though. Pulling this out of the blue and with no previous notice is very strange, and not the way they should have handled this.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

you probably better off with a offical KO version.

"Official KO" sounds like an oxymoron.
    That does really suck though. Perhaps Hasbro AU might import it here.

I'd be livid if they did that to my orders.

Orange-capping Megatron I can understand, but this...
    Which brings us to where we are today...

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    "Official KO" sounds like an oxymoron.
    That does really suck though. Perhaps Hasbro AU might import it here.
    beats me, the new gen wouldn't even know how a Marlboro pack looks like.

Heres the thing though, this is where the KO would make money if they choose to ignore Marlboro

Megatran Guest

Tried looking up MP-23 Exhaust directly on TF Source online site & it doesn't even register.

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    beats me, the new gen wouldn't even know how a Marlboro pack looks like.

Heres the thing though, this is where the KO would make money if they choose to ignore Marlboro
    I'm giggling at the thought of a 'plain packaging' Exhaust.
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

I get the impression that these TFSource Exhausts were not sent with their packaging or anything with the original image of the toy as it would also be in breach of the conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    I'd be livid if they did that to my orders.

Orange-capping Megatron I can understand, but this...
    At least with the orange-capping, it was told before-hand and people who bought one knew that it was coming that way.... this was just a total surprise by customers, who got a note with the toy that tried to celebrate the success of getting this toy to them.

I imagine that TFSource had already bought these toys from a supplier and couldn't return them, so only had the choice of destroying them or modify them enough to be allowed to sell them (they probably contacted the cigarette company to get approval). It wouldn't be a situation that I would envy, but that's part of the risk of business - they took the risk of making a profit from a highly sought after toy, and this time it backfired.
    But I don't think they would have had that many units, so if they had just asked their customers first if they still wanted it before they shipped them, they would have still sold off the unwanted units by other desperate customers.

It puts a whole new meaning to the disclaimer - product contents and colours may vary.

Okay, so all this hassle seems to be happening from US-based online stores, so as non-Americans, why not just (pre)-order from a non-US based online store like HLJ, Amiami, Chimungmung, AnimeExport, RobotKingdom etc.? Also, wouldn't postage from the US to AU be more expensive than from Japan or Hong Kong (which is where those others are located)? I got mine from HLJ with absolutely no probs. <shrugs>

Would it be possible for people to try to order one from another non-US source and cancel their pre-order from TFSource?

It's pretty ordinary for TFSource to only notify customers about this so long after the toy's release date. But perhaps they only more recently discovered that they had to do this in order to legally sell the toy in the USA, and even though they may be selling to overseas customers, I guess if the transaction is technically occuring in the US, then they're bound by US laws.