Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Hasbro MP Prowl and Sunstorm confirmed?

Default Hasbro MP Prowl and Sunstorm confirmed?

A couple of rumoured Hasbro Masterpiece toys could be confirmed, as a TFW member claims to have found images from US ToysRUs.

Sunstorm was first mentioned from an American TRU database listing, but I think our Sinnertwin was first to find Prowl listed in our Australian TRU database.

Images of both have been posted up at TFW here, BUT BE WARNED, there is a movie toy included (Then & Now Optimus 2-pack), so if you want to just see the MP toys, the direct links are here and here (not sure if those direct links will work for non-members).

The Prowl photo looks like it could just be the JP toy, or the Hasbro one could indeed be the same.
    The Sunstorm jet photo is the JP toy, but the Robot photo shows us a red robot abdomen, yellow thighs, white forearms and different wing striping to the Japanese toy (which you can see on the jet photo next to it).

Is it just me or does Sunstorm look like he has Hasbro MP-03 style weathering on him?

I'm skeptical. I'd put money on those photos being stock Takara images (except the SS bot one). The colours are EXACTLY the same as the Takara releases and Hasbro has changed something on every MP release to date to differentiate them from Takara releases. And the SS bot mode looks like someone has added panel lining and battle damage. However that detail is clearly not visible on the alt mode pic.

I'm not saying that hasbro aren't releasing these figures, just that this is in no way proof.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

It's hard to believe that they are planning on using the THS convoy mold considering they are targeting kids for the movie line. THS mold is known for its complexity, fragile and detachable parts for hands which is definetely not safe for children.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by neeno View Post
    It's hard to believe that they are planning on using the THS convoy mold considering they are targeting kids for the movie line. THS mold is known for its complexity, fragile and detachable parts for hands which is definetely not safe for children.
    No idea this was for a child.

Didn't we have a rerelease of Grimlock shown at toy fair?
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    No idea this was for a child.
    If it will be sold in the toy section of a shop then it is a kids toy.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I have no idea that is going to be a young kids toy.
    Must be quite rich as well or never mind. Not sure what some of you guys are thinking when buying toys for a child.

In case you are still thinking of the obvious toy section which is pointed out.

I am referring to what do you want? Complaint to Hasbro and spoil the mood of the rest of the members here who want it? Or be a responsible parent and know what you want to let your child play. Take a pick.

Lego has a lot of small pieces, why nobody is obviously screaming about it? Yup my point exactly.
    Last edited by drifand; 27th March 2014 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Didn't we have a rerelease of Grimlock shown at toy fair?
    It could have just been a mock-up for the display (to add to the Dino theme), or could be released later in the year, after these two.

Hmm I hope those are indeed just stock photos, coz that Sunstorm looks more like a custom painjob photo that got used as a placer ( hopefully) Sunstorm with red torso just looks KOish I do hope those come up in retail shelves - even here.....
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]