Quote Originally Posted by shockNwave View Post
The problem with Armada is that it went backwards from the previous series (Beast Wars) in it's engineering. Beast Wars achieved articulation that previously could only be expressed in the G1 cartoons.
People complained about the G1 toys being bricks without articulation, which lead all the way up to the redundant non-transforming action masters, then beast wars went mental with articulation at the expense of everything else.
Articulation on articulation on articulation.
Didn't care for beast wars toys when they came out. Some (not many) have grown on me since. Only one I have is transmetals rhinox, his articulation is minimal and he reminds me of G1 slag, I even keep them together as they look cool together.

I'm glad Beast Wars went mental with articulation, and those experiments led to better overall toys down the line, but to me overly articulated shellformers are not my kind of transformers. Many of them look more like Digimon or pokemon to me than anything I would call transformers.

Much preferred toys from the Unicron trilogy lot, particularly Cybertron line, which was one of the best lines ever imo.