Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toys R Us - 20% off all full priced items

Personally, I'm far more disgusted by Myer lately than Toys R Us when it comes to pricing of their exclusives.

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    Personally, I'm far more disgusted by Myer lately than Toys R Us when it comes to pricing of their exclusives.
    YOTH Prime for $108 delivered was a steal. Which other exclusives did/do they have?

Are you talking about the stupid platinum Prime with Sideswipe/Autobot 5 pack?

Quote Originally Posted by laproblematique View Post
    YOTH Prime for $108 delivered was a steal. Which other exclusives did/do they have?

Are you talking about the stupid platinum Prime with Sideswipe/Autobot 5 pack?
    Yes, the recent AOE ones are sickeningly priced ($169/$249/$299, etc), particularly compared to US pricing.

Seriously, if it's significantly cheaper to import it from somewhere when the AU dollar is sinking, postage is expensive, etc compared to buying locally when it's on sale (and even accounting for the GST difference), it's definitely gouging the fanbase.

YOTH Prime was a great buy. Pity that it had been around elsewhere for six (correct me if I'm wrong) months elsewhere around the globe.

Evolutions Optimus would be a good use for this, but I'm still conflicted on getting this version or the new voyager, which is looking pretty good now, without the bad stock photo angle.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

You must have got it while on clearance, as its full price at Myer was $149 when it came out in May. That compares to US$90 when it was sold in Asian countries last December. Which wasn't as much of an increase as they did with the Platinums.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    You must have got it while on clearance, as its full price at Myer was $149 when it came out in May. That compares to US$90 when it was sold in Asian countries last December. Which wasn't as much of an increase as they did with the Platinums.
    it may have been purchased when they were on sale for $119 with free delivery for orders over $100. i think there was also a MyerOne Card offer and/or a Myer toy sale code which took another 10% off.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    it may have been purchased when they were on sale for $119 with free delivery for orders over $100. i think there was also a MyerOne Card offer and/or a Myer toy sale code which took another 10% off.
    That was the one!

There was also the buy 2 get one free sale, so $119 x2 /3 = $79.33 each.

That being said, I don't think we should be comparing heavily discounted (and stacked discounts at that!) to the actual RRP they priced it at before the sale.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Even at $149, it's still cheaper than the Optimus prime with Sideswipe set when you do the math.

Yeah I bought two Grimlocks with the sale code on Friday morning and gave fair warning ITT. Snooze you lose.
    Hopefully they're just rationing them to avoid scalpers buying the lot.
    We are so late in getting these that no one is thinking of snooze you lose It's more like "Finally, it's on sale and I can buy it". Or worse, I'll just wait till it's on clearance

Quote Originally Posted by millhouse View Post
    Wasn't it available on Friday for a period of time? It's certainly possible for stock to sell out on Friday and be replenished on Monday.
    Very doubtful