Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Transformers Movies and Cartoons on Free-TV

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    The first Transformers live action movie is screening yet again tonight on channel 9 @ 9pm-ish.
    They might be screening all four again, one each Saturday, in the lead up to the fifth movie.

Usually they heavily promote these sorts of screenings to cash in on the new movie, like with the Pirates movies and FastnFurious movies in the last month - telling us to see them before we see the latest one in theatres.

The promo during the end credits of the Pixels movie (before Transformers started) notes that the four movies are playing over four Saturdays, which will see TF4 on Saturday June 24th, the opening weekend of TF5.

That intro to the 2007 movie... "leading us to an unknown world called Earth"... definitely contradicted now if the trailers for the fifth movie are anything to go by.

Despite all its errors and plot holes, I still have trouble not watching the 2007 movie when it starts playing on TV.

I will be a little distracted for the next couple of hours...

EDIT - the first ad-break had a TV trailer for the fifth movie, and tonight's screening is brought to us by The Last Knight movie, so more TV spots are likely tonight and the next 3 Saturdays.
    Last edited by griffin; 3rd June 2017 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    That intro to the 2007 movie... "leading us to an unknown world called Earth"... definitely contradicted now if the trailers for the fifth movie are anything to go by.

Despite all its errors and plot holes, I still have trouble not watching the 2007 movie when it starts playing on TV.

I will be a little distracted for the next couple of hours...
    So will I. Time to visit my childhood, again

"Autobots, roll out!"
    "We rollin'"

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    The first Transformers live action movie is screening yet again tonight on channel 9 @ 9pm-ish.
    Optimus: We've learned Earth's languages through the World Wide Web.

I started watching the second movie tonight on channel 9 while putting stickers on some Generations toys, and had to turn it off after the Decepticons destroyed the aircraft carrier because channel 9 had totally butchered it. It must be because it started earlier than normal, at 8.17pm, so the entire movie had to be censored of extreme violence... which for Transformers movies, are the best bits (for the expensive special effects). The scene where Optimus "dies" had removed him killing Grindor, cutting off Starscream's arm, and the actual thrusting of the sword through Prime's chest (all they show is Megatron appearing behind him, and then him hitting the ground).
    And for some reason, they removed the Decepticons crashing into the Aircraft carrier... but kept in the blood-splattering death of the soldier in the Shard vault near the start of the movie, and the execution of Demolishor by shooting him in the head.

I know! I was washing up and said to the wife "here comes the best bit, Prime goes nuts" only for it to cut to him dying. I was like "Wtf?!" The wife went" whats so good about that bit? Boo channel 9, boo.
    Spiderken Away!

Haha, you know what the worst part is. The more movies they make Prime goes even more psycho which means there's going to be even more bits cut out of the movies.

I watched Desolation of Smaug already this week? Watched Bumblebee last night I don’t plan to watch anything in advance I just switch on the TV just for the hell of it, and just for the surprise. Brings back fond memories of when TV movies was a thing, I just zone out and relax.

Latest Channel 10 commercials of their TV content for the Summer break have been including the first few live Transformers Movies... so maybe they have finally shifted over from the Nine network, since Paramount and Channel 10 have the same owners and share content. (the movies would already be on Paramount+ so it was only a matter of time until Channel 10 was allowed to started screening them for free)

The one problem that the Nine network had with the Transformers movies was the habit of starting them before 8.30pm thinking that they were just kids movies, and as such would cut out some parts of the more violent bits.
    Let's see if Channel 10 plays them later and in full... but the downside will be having to watch/hear commercials for the next reality show (currently the Bachelor) at the start of EVERY commercial break. It makes me avoid watching the 10 network channels, and just record their programs so that I can skip those annoying commercials.