Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Amazon Japan Blu Ray w/exclusive Hound redeco

I picked up mine from the post office today.
    It has a lot of paint apps, like camo pattern and mud on the tyres, but from a distance it isn't too much different to the Platinum Edition. The thing that stands out most is that the weapons are black, while the Platinum Edition and regular versions had grey weapons.
    Between the three, the regular version looks nicest from a distance because of its brighter green colour. The other two may well be more screen accurate, but because of that they look faded and boring.

Comparison photos later.

I probably won't get to the alt-mode until I get back.

Regular Hasbro - Platinum Edition - Amazon JP

The black weapons, the black arms, the black and white box. All small touches that improve him greatly. Can't wait to get mine.

Managed to get time to transform them tonight.

The Platinum Edition looks to have 8 "camo" paint apps, while the Amazon Japan version has about 20 that I could count.
    And I love the "mud" effect on the tyres, which is actually the colour of the plastic, but they painted the centre bits grey to make it look like it is muddy.
    Definitely worth the price, when you take into account the value of the Bluray.

There's an interview with Kobayashi who did that deco (and most of the Movie Advanced too) on the TakaraTomy site (about 1/4 down the page). You can basically make out what he's saying with Google Translate.

Finally got around to ordering and I am having a problem.

What should I put in for prefecture?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thurmus View Post
    Finally got around to ordering and I am having a problem.

What should I put in for prefecture?

Thanks
    If you have registered an account, go to your "address book" there is an option for International address and Domestic address. Only fill in the International address for your postal address and/or your shipping address (if you have a POBox address).
    Domestic address is for a Japanese location, which has prefectures. The International Address page doesn't have that.

If you haven't registered an account, do that first. If you are trying to buy the item as a guest (if that is possible), I don't know the process to order it to a non-Japanese address.

Thanks Griffin.

I was following the steps through and it wouldn't let me do international. When I quit and went back, I logged in using the details I created and it then let me put an international address instead of a local.

Appreciate the help.

Must have done something right. It is with DHL in Japan for shipping.

I know that's really expensive but I am weirdly tempted...great paint job. But already have a Hound...have blu ray AOE...still tempting...ive got issues..