Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415

Thread: Platinum YOTG (Goat) Masterpiece Soundwave and G2 Optimus Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by CoRDS View Post
    Here is YOTG soundwave in rave mode

Quote Originally Posted by CoRDS View Post
    Here is YOTG soundwave in rave mode
    Quote Originally Posted by rodent View Post

^ Buhahaha. GOLD!

My left eye starting twitching after looking at those pics for more than 20 seconds. Is that normal?
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Ok I'll stop derailing the thread now. How about that brown Soundwave huh!

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

its much more intense in person. especially now that the whole 5m strip of lights is in that one cube

Mine arrived today from HK Ehobbybaseshop store, and the artwork suggests someone had a good idea in their head about these being gold and silver toys, but all the transparent parts makes them look unfinished... like they did in the official images.
    I think if the transparent parts were black plastic, it would make the "gold" and silver paint (and silver chrome) pop. But the transparent plastic draws your eye away from the paint and chrome.

And the pink... I was NOT expecting Optimus to have such bright pink plastic (the official images was too faded to even notice it.
    That clash of colour, spoils the look of this "Premium" Platinum figure more than the clear plastic does.

And inside the box lids there is a description about YOTG personality traits, and how they relate to that toy character (yes, both Optimus and Soundwave are apparently of the same character type)... and does that mean that Optimus has the character traits of Snake, Horse and Dragon as well?

One positive is that I like how the Megatron pistol for Soundwave uses hard plastic, that should help prevent the handle from breaking. (yes, the Masterpiece Soundwave did as well... but all those MP Optimus toys with the mini-Megatron had a soft plastic, and some of mine broke easily)

On a neutral point... for some reason the stripe paint deco on the cassettes makes me think more of the Gen1 Autobot cassettes Rewind and Eject than the Decepticon cassettes Rumble and Frenzy. Not sure why, maybe its the colours or the thickness of the stripes.

Time to dig out the previous versions of both moulds for some comparisons...

With Chinese New Year in just three days, the YOTG toys have been released in America... showing up at Retail (ToysRUs) and in stock at online stores like BBTS.

Prices in America range from US$150-210 for each, compared to Hong Kong online sources that still have them in stock for US$110-125.

Release dates and details for Australia are not yet known, but might be released at Toyfair next month.