Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 717222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Botcon 2015 - Chicago June 18-21

The link for registration is back up on the botcon website a couple minutes ago... but still isn't loading up for me yet.

From their facebook...

They have spooled it up as fast as they can go. Hopefully this works or we will look at a totally different alternative. Last shot on this system.
    Hopefully they keep their word, and if it fails again, they put it to bed for today and come back another day with a backup.

Site is back up, looks fine. Got to the part to enter my credit card details really quickly.

All this extra time has made me rethink this purchase and I don't think I should buy any of the packages on my income. I'll just purchase on site registration over the weekend and check it out.

Good luck to everyone going!

Some people on TFW are registering quite easily... but the page won't even load up for me.

Try using a US based proxy server. I just did, and it took less than 2 minutes.
    Especially if you have something like TOR onion router already installed. Heaps faster.

I'm still waiting for my regular ISP's proxy server to connect to the site.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

It wouldn't connect on firefox or on my phone, but I managed to get it working on Explorer... which is sad to see that browser working where the others had failed.

I just got the acknowledgement email that had all the items I bought, but notes that it still needs processing.

I didn't see the Custom Class toy... I must have missed it in the rush to get through before it crashed again. And the only option to change anything at the end was to start over, and I didn't want to risk doing that.

I also ended up with the wrong t-shirt size (in the rush)... so I'll see how much can be edited or added to an existing order.

Glad you got through. I was talking to Grant trying to place an order for him, but it sounds like he was able to get in on his computer.

I forgot to add a assembled class toy (in case I muck it up), but worse case scenario I'll buy one on ebay if its a decent figure.

Fingers crossed for luck that the credit card processing goes smoothly.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

The old version allowed you to add to an order... but this one appears to require you to completely register again, including getting a boxset just to add on other items.

So I got the Wednesday tour and thursday custom class, with the Golden Ticket and a loose set. (and t-shirt)
    With the $7 processing fee, that came to US$1386.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    The old version allowed you to add to an order... but this one appears to require you to completely register again, including getting a boxset just to add on other items.

So I got the Wednesday tour and thursday custom class, with the Golden Ticket and a loose set. (and t-shirt)
    With the $7 processing fee, that came to US$1386.
    Minus the shirt & loose set I got the same
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

I had another look at the instructional video, and the custom class toy was supposed to be on the page with the t-shirt and hat, but I remember that it wasn't there because I waited nervously as the images for the t-shirt and hat loaded up, and that was all on the souvenir page.

Something they messed up, which they will have to fix I guess... and figure out a way for us to add on items.

Well, that's three of us going... if the payments process in the end.
    (I won't relax until I get the receipt for payment or confirmation of attendance).

Another long night, but finally it is over... with just 19.5 days until the start of Wednesday events. (or just a mere 13 days before I fly out)

Since I don't have facebook to ask, I've emailed them about adding on items without having to re-register, as there was an answer on the FAQ about adding on people to a registration requiring them to ring up the office to do it because this new system doesn't have the ability to add-on like the old system did. (the old system had the first page option of "no boxset" for people to add on extra items later)

I think the Custom class toy shouldn't sell out this year during registration (the last two years they had stock left in the Club store at the convention), and even if it does, I can live without an unpainted version now that I should be in the Class. (I just like having a "before" and "after" of my attempts at customising a toy)