Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: KO MP Ratbat

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    I believe this is due to you posting it in the monthly acquisitions thread dedicated for official toy/item acquisitions... there is a dedicated thread for the 3rd party (and KOs ;p) acquisitions. Had you prolly posted it there then no pm reminder would've been given.
    Yeh, liege - I gathered that :P

Quote Originally Posted by dirge View Post
    Yes, that's because Hasbro could choose to sue the person who runs this site (and pays for it, I might add) or the individual making the posting.

Whether Hasbro are doing a good job or a poor job is ... debatable. We all know the realities of the KO market - but that doesn't change the fact that KOs are an intellectual property violation and one that'd be very hard if not impossible to defend in court.

I've recently seen (on another forum) an example of a multinational do something similar to an individual just recently; it was bullying & very much overkill but the IP laws favour the company, not the individual. The sum involved was peanuts to the company but a massive slug to the guy involved. It wasn't the site owner that they went after, either - it was the guy who made a posting.

OzFormer's limited tolerance of KOs is the to protect all of us & not to spoil the fun; just keep that in mind, guys.
    Don't get me wrong. I understand the reason behind the PM. But whether I post in one section, or another - I don't see the difference. The admins are allowing the members of this forum to post their KO acquisitions regardless. I don't think posting acquisitions of a KO are going to matter to those who want to sue us as to whether we post our KO acquisitions in one section or another if protecting us is what you're trying to do (which I'm sure we all appreciate, I'm sure )

Me mentioning the PM in the first place was just in reference to how I am agreeing with some of the members here who say that KO's are slowly being accepted in the community.

What I will defend myself over however is Megatran's "shake head" comment, like I did something wrong. That's what my gripe is about.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    My, how times have changed. It used to be 'KO = EVIL'. I never thought I'd read a thread like this.
    I'm not entirely thrilled about the idea of this type of topic on a site that is closer to Hasbro than most other fansites... but too much demand was there for me to waste time removing posts popping up in multiple topics, so a single topic was created and moved into this section.
    It won't be a precedent for people to post up about any or all KO toys. Just this one, at this time.

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ITZTRU View Post
    Don't get me wrong. I understand the reason behind the PM. But whether I post in one section, or another - I don't see the difference. The admins are allowing the members of this forum to post their KO acquisitions regardless. I don't think posting acquisitions of a KO are going to matter to those who want to sue us as to whether we post our KO acquisitions in one section or another if protecting us is what you're trying to do (which I'm sure we all appreciate, I'm sure )

Me mentioning the PM in the first place was just in reference to how I am agreeing with some of the members here who say that KO's are slowly being accepted in the community.

What I will defend myself over however is Megatran's "shake head" comment, like I did something wrong. That's what my gripe is about.
    You appear worked up. This was not my intention and regrettable.

The point I was making was Person A communicated to you via Private Messaging system to be discrete. You posted the content (or part thereof) on the forum with the intent to make your point and/or argue in the negative. Omitting names does not make it any better. This was poor form / etiquette. You still could have achieved your point without the need to include the private comms.

If you still feel aggrieved, send me a PM. Hopefully we can smooth things out.

Quote Originally Posted by ITZTRU View Post
    Trust me, the admins of this site are aware of the acceptance. But if Hasbro in the US or AU decide to get litigious, we'd rather there be no ambivalence about the genuineness of products & that this board doesn't condone those products.

As I said, I recently saw an individual get smacked down on another forum. Dude was basically bribed by the company not to be taken to court. He was selling (privately) an unlicensed item - we're not talking a KO here, more like a 3rd party merchandising item. He didn't manufacture the item, but they still decided to go after him. That's why I PMed you; I don't wanna see anyone here get into that sort of mess.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Does this qualify as a 'High End' KO?

Seems more like some clever chinese person taking advantage of Has-Tak's abysmal decisions.
    +1
    There has not been a high end ko of any, they have not done better in material wise and have only sort cheap ways to get you.

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    +1
    There has not been a high end ko of any, they have not done better in material wise and have only sort cheap ways to get you.
    there have been KOs where the paint is better.

and to be honest the KO mp12g (gold lambor) has amazing gold plastic with no signs of gold plastic syndrome.
    that said the knees are terrible, the head doesn't shut, the hands couldn't hold anything let alone the gun

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoRDS View Post
    there have been KOs where the paint is better.

and to be honest the KO mp12g (gold lambor) has amazing gold plastic with no signs of gold plastic syndrome.
    that said the knees are terrible, the head doesn't shut, the hands couldn't hold anything let alone the gun
    this is same as KO mp 10 the toy isn't any much better, and only added paint apps.

I can see the pros and the cons, but looking at the photos posted, I can't see a clear difference between the original and ko version.... and that is bad for those who are buying these in the future, and want (for whatever reason) a genuine one, or to support Takara.

I guess we'll have to wait for a Hasbro version, if it is ever released
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    I can see the pros and the cons, but looking at the photos posted, I can't see a clear difference between the original and ko version.... and that is bad for those who are buying these in the future, and want (for whatever reason) a genuine one, or to support Takara.

I guess we'll have to wait for a Hasbro version, if it is ever released
    Well if they ever release a two pack one, Ill be up for it... hopefully they pair it with say a red /red rumble - Enemy... or make it a 2 bat pack - with an orange version - Wingthing . The possibilities are there, if they want they can do the Cobalt sentry to reuse the old molds... although the Ravage mould is the worst of the cassettes IMO. Unfortunately these possibilities while it makes sense doesn't happen as the decision making in HASTAKTOM takes a lot of processes and must pass the $$$$ test of the higher ups
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]