Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: JP/HK Masterpiece Ultra Magnus coming to ToysRUs Australia

Quote Originally Posted by laproblematique View Post
    Excuse my ignorance but I still don't understand this Magnus.

It looks like a repaint of the MP-10 with snap on armor from the trailer section to make it look oversized compared to the MP-10? At least that's what I get from seeing the vehicle mode.
    The transformation itself is completely different to Optimus Prime. The Ultra Magnus cab doesn't turn ito an individual robot, but can separate from the trailer.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by laproblematique View Post
    Excuse my ignorance but I still don't understand this Magnus.

It looks like a repaint of the MP-10 with snap on armor from the trailer section to make it look oversized compared to the MP-10? At least that's what I get from seeing the vehicle mode.
    it's not a white repaint of Prime
    While aesthetically they look very similar, Ultra Magnus incorporates both the cab & trailer as part of his transformation without removing parts, as opposed to MP 10 which as you know is a stand alone robot. And as Tober pointed out it is detachable

While I applaude Hasbro Oz for bringing this over, it kind of confirms that at this stage, Hasbro US has no plans to release their own version, which we would usually get. This is disappointing, because I was hoping for a toy colour release to buy as well, in the lighter blue and with a chrome front bar instead of red.

And good work Gok! I hope you can continue to work with Hasbro in the future
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I'm not interested at that price. My preorder at HLJ for him is ¥14,400. I really want to buy all Transformers locally but a 100% markup is unacceptable.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I can't deal with that right now.

haha, I see what you did there.

US142 was the list price for my pre-order and that was before the 30% pre-order discount. but like others have said things need to be taken into account. Hasbro Australia is essentially a third party buyer here, they will be getting a good price but not a great price.
    add to that shipping (say $10 per figure), import duties & customs fees (which add about 15% to 20% to the base cost, GST (10%) and then Hasbro Australia needs to make a buck (20%) then TRU need to make a buck (20%)

say Hasbro OZ get it for $120 AU

120 + 10 = 130
    130 x 1.15 = 149.5
    149.5 x 1.1 = 164.45
    164.45 x 1.2 = 197.34
    197.34 x 1.2 = 236.81

So I'm guessing they need to charge about $235 before anyone is making any more than 5 or 10 % profit. which gives TRU room to move with discounts.

Having said that, I think Ultra Magnus is iconic enough that they'll move 400 units easily enough at $300. its expensive but it's also massive and looks awesome.

A more important discussion point though is that it's here and that Hasbro Australia reached out to the fan community for a collaboration on an Australian exclusive product! in my eyes, this is monumental and something that should be fostered.
    Congratulations to Goktimus for being able to be involved in this project, I'm jealous but at the same time could not have added any value myself. As much as it's not been too long in the process I'm amazed that he didn't pop trying to keep news like this to himself for a few months.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

im going to have to try to get one of these special limited editions

Well unfortunately i have already ordered mine online, but in saying that i will be pleased that TRU are finally getting stuff us collectors want. Good work TRU it about time .

But a HUGE shout out to Goki ..... He can now say with pride that he has been a special part of the release of one truely awesome MP transformer. Good work Goki, i wish i had waited to ordered one from here and got your autograph on the bio card.

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

we also need to be mindful when we are quoting pricing is TRU is $299AUD and online is $150USD - there is an element of shipping cost involved too - so we cannot take list price of online store and plaster to what TRU is offering at $299...

shipping cost yes is slightly lower when shipping in bulk but there is still a cost that TRU and other retailers will have cater into their pricing...

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Hasbro Australia is essentially a third party buyer here, they will be getting a good price but not a great price.
    You're saying that Hasbro HK would be charging Hasbro AU standard wholesaler price? It's the same company!

HK's cost would be the manufacturing cost (which is likely god knows how low) and AU's cost would be nigh on identical (+ shipping assuming they bought em in for TRU)

TRU would get the standard wholesaler price we can (could) all get (12519Y in a case of 4) + local distribution ... and then they double it.

Cha-Ching says TRU and Hasbro.

It's great to see a local (for you guys) release on this, but to be honest, after the previous MP releases (Of which I saw none until Prowl), I am sceptical as only 400 units... Plus that price is a killer. Hmm, perhaps that high price would have meant I could see one on shelf!

I wonder if they had perhaps ordered a larger number to be sold theoretically they could have made it a more appetising price.

Congrats Gok on the work. I bet it's a great job.