The distributors of Rescue Bots DVDs in Australia is Beyond Entertainment, and they had a booth at the Supanova convention this weekend in Brisbane.
(Madman appear to have the license for all other Transformers series, while Beyond Entertainment have the license for Rescue Bots - maybe it was too "young" for Madman to want.)

So talking to them I got some good news, great news, and some awesome news.

The good news is, they are intending to keep releasing DVD volumes here for the foreseeable future, every 3-4 months. The next volume comes out January 2nd, called "Bot to the Future" which they said should have the remaining six episodes of Season One.

The great news is, they intend to release every episode, in order, unlike Shout Factory who no longer have plans to release all episodes anymore (their next volume repeats two episodes and skips 17 episodes). In fact, between the most recent volume here and the next volume in January, we will have the three episodes that Shout Factory are unlikely to ever release (they said they are doing themed sets now, and are too far behind to ever catch up).

And now for the awesome news. The people at Beyond Entertainment said that they are expecting to have a season boxset for the first season for Australia in around March... something the Americans are not going to see, according to Shout Factory at the last two BotCons.

I left them a business card of our website, so hopefully they will send future news and updates for me to post up here.

For those unfamiliar with the Australian release of Rescue Bots on DVD...
Vol 1 (Eps 1-5) - Hot Shots
Vol 2 (Eps 6-10) - Cody on Patrol
Vol 3 (Eps 11-15) - Return of the Dinobot
Vol 4 (Eps 16-20) - Bumblebee to the Rescue
Vol 5 (Eps 21-26) - Bot to the Future (out January 2nd)
Season 1 Boxset (Eps 1-26) aiming for March 2015
(future volumes to then start going through season two)

Most retailers here should be charging around $15 per volume. Considering the American volumes of the same number of episodes is about US$15, I'm definitely going to get the Australian DVDs now... and replace the five American ones I bought (as they have different order and numbers).