View Poll Results: To Bumbee, or not to Bumblebee?

Voters
69. You may not vote on this poll
  • HELLS YEAH

48 69.57%
  • Maybe, if the Price is right

14 20.29%
  • Don't care

2 2.90%
  • Nah, Probably not matey.

4 5.80%
  • HELLS NOOOOOOOOO

1 1.45%
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy review - Masterpiece Bumblebee and Spike

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    It's Daniel in the suit, actually. Although the instruction sheet and box doesn't identify who it is, apparently the MP Generations book states that it's Daniel, and the image from the cartoon in the sheet is Daniel too IIRC.
    The Japanese Box and Instructions stated that Spike was in the exo-suit. Although I think the face looks more Daniel-y. Spike makes more sense if we go from the movie, as they are together on Moonbase um something... But I don't recall Spike getting much Exo-suit time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    The Japanese Box and Instructions stated that Spike was in the exo-suit. Although I think the face looks more Daniel-y. Spike makes more sense if we go from the movie, as they are together on Moonbase um something... But I don't recall Spike getting much Exo-suit time.
    When it comes to the pairings of Exosuits and humans to Autobots, Spike is best known with Bumblebee, while Daniel is best known with Wheelie.
    Since this is a Bumblebee toy, it would make more sense for it being Spike.

Fortunately for TakaraTomy and Hasbro, the head sculpt is so vague, and both characters have brown hair in the cartoon/movie, the toy could be labelled as either (or both later).
    Last edited by griffin; 24th December 2014 at 01:20 PM.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I would thought this is spike but I think it doesn't matter.

Instructions say its Spike. Yes, the bouffant looks more like Daniel than Spike, but they are close enough that it doesn't matter.

And it what episode have BB and Daniel EVER hung out together?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I am impressed with Bumblebee's engineering. The designer did a great job at this small size, not too fiddly but complex enough to be fun and interesting. Bumblebee looks great in both modes too, better in person than pictures.

Exo-suit is a write-off, the elbow design is horrible and means that his arms will always be at an awkward angle.

Since I don't care much for scale, I would have preferred it if they got rid of the exo-suit and made Bumblebee bigger, to the same size as the other MP cars since Bumblebee just feels so tiny, even smaller than a Deluxe.

Overall, still a fantastic toy and recommended.
    "sometimes the things you see might not be real and the things that are real you might not see"

So, opened up this guy today, and yeah...pretty much what everyone else has been saying.

Spike (who I'm repurposing as Daniel) has arms that pop off way too easily, and they lack a certain degree of poseability. Other than that he's a pretty sweet little toy.

'Bee is just...fun. Transformation is clever without being overly complex, alt-mode is a little small (but it's Bumblebee so it still sort of works), the hands/wrists are a bit limited but it's understandable given the size of the toy, the face-sculpts really do look good in person, alt-mode accessory storage is quite inspired in its own quiet little way, and above all else he just oozes character in both modes. 'Bot-mode poseability is mostly good aside from the aforementioned limited wrists. The alt-mode colour mismatch is a bit unfortunate, but it's a minor complaint. IMO he looks much better as a realistically-proportioned Beetle than as a deformed penny-racer, so kudos to HasTakTom there.

I picked mine up as a slightly-drunk impulse-buy for ~$50, I wouldn't say he's worth the ~$80 he's going for in Oz unless you're a fan of the character (in which case, totally get him!), but he is a nice little piece with a lot of charm.
    Worth Buying if Cheap, Worth Buying if You're a Masterpiece Enthusiast, and/or Worth Buying If You're a Fan of the Character.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Instructions say its Spike. Yes, the bouffant looks more like Daniel than Spike, but they are close enough that it doesn't matter.

And it what episode have BB and Daniel EVER hung out together?
    I only reflected on the movie cartoon and which shows spike and bee but any who , I don't think this is important. You can pretend him as anyone to be honest.

He's worth getting. Just not worth what TRU are charging ($100).
    Any figure that comes with swords demands wrist articulation.

This arrived for me ages ago it seems but when I got to unwrap, open and play with him on Christmas Day i was ecstatic! He's just so nice to transform, pose and play with. The first pm I could use the instructions once and feel confident transforming over and over again. Looks great with my new MP-10 too!
    Twit and insta @lukeabarnett

I really like this little guy. As far as I'm concerned he's the best looking G1 Bumblebee we've ever had and that goes for both his modes.

The transformation is good, the little details are all there, excellent posability - all top notch!

The only things I can say that I dont care for are the following - that he doesnt have bright pink inner seats like the G1 cartoon and that his extra face is just a smiley face - I was expecting a faceplate like the G1 toy.

Spike is pretty meh. It's cool we finally got a proper official exo-suit toy that transforms and everything, but like others I would have preferred themt o leave him out and just add some extra size to Bee.

But yeah, overall this is an awesome figure and definitely worthy of the title 'Masterpiece'.