Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Takara G1 Reissue & Classics Extravaganza!!

He's meant to be - read his tech specs. He was that way in the comics too - but as arrogant as he is, he is reliable.

any1 know what the encore mini-bots with bumblebee are?
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

Minibots are up for preorder at HLJ

thanks gamblor...

I just paid $123 for Sky Lynx. That's the last of my pre-orders with HLJ. No offence against their service but too many times I've ended up spending more than I could've gotten on eBay. The only rare items like the Metalverse Hot Rod were worth getting through there. Otherwise, eBay is a cheaper alternative. The same has been the case for all the Encores and MPs.

Right now I can nab a Sky Lynx for less than $100 on eBay. Yet having to see for HLJ I have to fork out an extra $20-30.

So yeah, I'll be using HLJ in the future for only rare HTF items. It's not that their ripping me off but shipping is higher and eBay being the competitive environment it is will mean prices tend to be a little bit lower.

Robot Kingdom though has great shipping rates and prices and everyone who's dealt with them here has liked them. I could use them or F2F.

HLJ is worthwhile for me, since I tend to preorder two or three of the same item, making their postage rates competitive. On occasions I've also ordered several items at once, which also helps keep the cost per item down (:

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

*nods* posting from Japan is cheaper if you do it in bulk.

shole is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    I just paid $123 for Sky Lynx. That's the last of my pre-orders with HLJ. No offence against their service but too many times I've ended up spending more than I could've gotten on eBay. The only rare items like the Metalverse Hot Rod were worth getting through there. Otherwise, eBay is a cheaper alternative. The same has been the case for all the Encores and MPs.

Right now I can nab a Sky Lynx for less than $100 on eBay. Yet having to see for HLJ I have to fork out an extra $20-30.

So yeah, I'll be using HLJ in the future for only rare HTF items. It's not that their ripping me off but shipping is higher and eBay being the competitive environment it is will mean prices tend to be a little bit lower.

Robot Kingdom though has great shipping rates and prices and everyone who's dealt with them here has liked them. I could use them or F2F.
    exactly. generally I poke around ebay first to check. got my skylinx for au$86 shipped airmail which arrived in 1 week

With the aussie dollar doing so great I got Sky Lynx delivered for $91

So true! I missed out on reissue Ultra Magnus because the Aussie Dollar was at record lows in 2000-2001 (I'd already spent my monies on reissue Convoy, Megatron and of course, some Car Robot figures) so I ended up getting the crappy Hasbro reissue with the f***ed up missiles (which I've since replaced with originals).

What really hurt was when I bought a spare Super Fire Convoy & God Magnus (actually the God Fire Convoy gift set) to trade with someone in Canada - which I sent to him with a MISB Machine Wars Optimus Prime and bunch of loose G1 figures... and the S.O.B. didn't fulfill his end of the bargain (so I got squat). I felt safe sending him the toys first because he gave me his name, address and phone number which I confirmed with because I called him and also spoke with his partner - who had kids. But the S.O.B. left them leaving the poor woman with a massive financial debt... so considering that the partner and children would've been shafted way worse than I did, I just had to let it go. (-_-) I hope they managed to find him and get some compensation from that c***.