Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Generations Combiners & group reviews/comments

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I'll keep them separate.
    Ah, but will you be getting Quickslinger separately from the Takara version as well?

I will probably have the Japanese sets combined and the Hasbro sets kept non-combined, which will have Quickslinger and Alpha Bravo as robots with the group (and Brake-Neck & Over-Run with their group).
    But when I get the Japanese versions I'll see which one looks better in combined mode... and have take lots of time combining and transforming them to work it out.

Finished off Menasor last night. The individual Stunticons are great. Some of the best Hasbro TFs we've seen in a while. The bot modes are cool and the alt modes rock and while the transformations are simple, they are very clever and intuitive.

However, combined Mensor doesn't look nice. He looks like a brick with arms and legs. And also the hip ratchets on Menasor are so weak he can't even stand on my glass shelves. He just does the splits

Overall I really like this set, I'm just let down a bit by Menasor.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Just a quick photo I took today, I don't have a spare Gen1 Menasor on hand... so just two of the three here for now. I might build him later for a full group shot.

Wow, Defensor looks a lot better than I thought he would. The groove as a chest piece works much nicer than Blackjack as Menasor's piece. Do wish the feet were a bit bigger and had ankle tilts. I don't wanna fork out bucks for those add-ons.

I just impressed at how well the whole abdomen replicates the Gen1 Defensor, and yet be built into the toy instead of added parts like the Gen1 version... without impacting on the other two modes of Hotspot.

I'd actually prefer that the combiners didn't have the 6th member so that the Legends toys could be displayed separately, but since Menasor needs Blackjack to look right, the other two need theirs to balance out.

I will probably have the Japanese sets combined and the Hasbro sets kept non-combined, which will have Quickslinger and Alpha Bravo as robots with the group (and Brake-Neck & Over-Run with their group).
    But when I get the Japanese versions I'll see which one looks better in combined mode... and have take lots of time combining and transforming them to work it out.
    Doing the same - though might get a second Blackjack so he can be on Menasor as well as seperate. Was thinking of doing that for Powerglide too but his gun mode weighs Superions arm down too much so will keep him as a robot

I got the Gen1 Menasor done up, and fixed up the limbs of the newer combiners to match the look of the Gen1 versions in the JP Generations book (since there are
    different combinations out there).

I didn't notice Gen1 First Aid not having the top flap folded out...
    Meh... close enough.

Menasor to me looks really terrible. Superion is better but isn't so great either. Since the 3Ps haven't done anything I like enough to dedicate a premium price for in regards to Superion so I will settle with the official Tak-Tom release.

Hasbro's Defensor on the other hand looks very good, much better than I would expect. Still suffers from gorilla arms and tiny feet like the other combiners but still well done.

Megatran Guest

I just impressed at how well the whole abdomen replicates the Gen1 Defensor, *snip*
    You've totally lost me on this one. I'm looking at your pic and there are huge differences. It's like Arnie & Danny DeVito in Twins.