Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Generations Combiners & group reviews/comments

The only 3rd Party Combiner I like the look of is Feral Rex a.k.a Not Predaking, but each limb costs about as much as a MP car, and the Torso a bit more, I will be staying with the Hasbro CW for now.
    "Save the rebellion! Save the dream!" - Saw Gerrera

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    The only 3rd Party Combiner I like the look of is Feral Rex a.k.a Not Predaking, but each limb costs about as much as a MP car, and the Torso a bit more, I will be staying with the Hasbro CW for now.
    At today's exchange rate, the torso piece itself, before shipping, can cost more than all of the CW Aerialbots combined at retail price ($25 per limb, + $50 for Silverbolt)

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Finally completed Superion after receiving Air Raid from Amazon, who was able to get it to me in less than a week after ordering it. Even though I was only missing one limb, he looks magnitudes better and I certainly can't wait to pose him with the UW Superion next month.

I got my friend's Armour Knight's sword and shield and it scales quite nicely with with. I hope to take some pictures later today.

Why are they so expensive. Argh I've always wanted to have my 1st third party combiner

I received the Quickslinger & Brake-Neck pair today, and was disappointed to see that on the back of Brake-Neck's card it has him replacing Dead-End instead of Offroad, probably because it was easier.... but Quickslinger's was changed to include it in place of Alpha Bravo (giving it a proper Gen1 group on its cardback, but we don't get it for Brake-Neck.
    Nice to have the toys though, and the new heads are really nicely cartoon-accurate.

With the perfect effect upgrade sets. Only using the feet

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    I received the Quickslinger & Brake-Neck pair today, and was disappointed to see that on the back of Brake-Neck's card it has him replacing Dead-End instead of Offroad, probably because it was easier.... but Quickslinger's was changed to include it in place of Alpha Bravo (giving it a proper Gen1 group on its cardback, but we don't get it for Brake-Neck.
    Nice to have the toys though, and the new heads are really nicely cartoon-accurate.
    I'm pretty sure it was just a case of lazy graphic design

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Just a quick photo I took today, I don't have a spare Gen1 Menasor on hand... so just two of the three here for now. I might build him later for a full group shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Deano85 View Post
    With the perfect effect upgrade sets. Only using the feet

those feet just seem to make menasor that much better looking. I don't think blackjack adds anything either, perhaps actually making him look too bulky.

Quote Originally Posted by philby View Post
    those feet just seem to make menasor that much better looking. I don't think blackjack adds anything either, perhaps actually making him look too bulky.
    I don't think it's the feet so much as it's the alternate leg transformation which doesn't clip them into the crotch piece. It makes the legs look that little bit longer, taller, and more natural.

The aeroplanes aren't as wide as the cars. The larger feet help bulk him out (and yes the alternate leg transformation helps as well ). Haven't got blackjack yet, going to have to order him online. Still wont use him in the chest. I like the closed chest better.