Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - Generations Combiners & group reviews/comments

I see the thread has been renamed, apologies if I broke your review formatting

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    I see the thread has been renamed, apologies if I broke your review formatting
    I'm not a mod or anything mate, but I don't think anyone in authority thinks ya did - just with individual threads it makes it easier if people want to know about a specific character (Firefly, Bombshell etc)

Personally I think you did some really great reviews and comparison pics - keep it up!

Thank you, I think I'll like it here.

I have Wave 2 on preorder at RK, so should be some more posts from me soon

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I'm not a mod or anything mate, but I don't think anyone in authority thinks ya did - just with individual threads it makes it easier if people want to know about a specific character (Firefly, Bombshell etc)

Personally I think you did some really great reviews and comparison pics - keep it up!
    Pretty much this.

Your topic was kept, and even inspired me to start doing up index/group comment topics of a similar format in future... to help make it easier for members to find individual review topics AND an option for members to be able to do quick comments on less popular items or a group of items while they are inspired to do so (and not be put off by having to create a whole new topic).

Finally put them all into their gestalt mode/s yesterday. Thoughts:

Superion - wow it looks good! The chest and head are spot on, though the antennae on my Superion wont go up completely straight, they point backwards a little though it kinda looks cool like that so I don't have a big issue with it. Skydive has his instructions as all the plane kibble at the front as a leg whilst Alpha Bravo has all his at the back. This makes the legs look off kilter and weird so I just have them both pointing the same way. Would have been nice for the arms to be a little more compact and not as elongated but again this is a minor quibble. Overall fantastic, cant wait to get Air Raid so I can swap Drag Strip outta there .

Ultra Prime
    (is that what its called? ) - very much a shout out to Energon Optimus, even with the patterning in the chest and the elongated antennae. It's ok looking and add's playability to the toy. Personally I only got Energon Optimus as I find it hard to bypass an Optimus with a trailer and I wasn't keen on either his regular robot or combined modes. I think I'll be keeping this Optimus just on his own, at least until the car combiners come out and then I'll revisit it.

Great start for my first foray into TF Generations!

The two Voyagers are pretty nice, but I personally prefer Optimus over Silverbolt.

These are definitely looking pretty great for the price and scale.

The alt modes of the Aerialbots are pretty nice so far, especially the jets!

Also got my combiners today and am quiet disappointed with it, for a toy that will end up costing $275.00 the amonut of kibble and poor paint apps are just another way of making the third party toys far more superior, i also have the problem with the antenna, but on firefly there are a few spots of missing paint. The fists at the back of the combined superion are annoying as they should fold away neatly, but no. Another thing is with the alt modes, the arms of each robot just hang from the sides. Looks cheap to me, as if well we cant put them anywhere so just leave them. Robot modes are good and individually they look great together. But all in all i wish i had shelled out a bit more for the third party.

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!