Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: STL's Journey into BWs

Metals struggled in Japan, but Takara just went their own way with Neo & Second, so I doubt Hasbro changed direction due to any pressure from Takara.

Transmetal IIs probably would have killed Beast Wars had it gone on that much longer - they didn't sell anywhere near as well the earlier BW toys. Even then, that was because of Archer's McFarlane-esque obsession with detail over recognisable modes (he still doesn't get why well defined alt modes are so important).

But there was still potential in the toyline had they shifted it away from TMIIs. Mind you, BM took the line even further down that McFarlane-esque cul-de-sac, at least with the Maximals.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

There is one big loose element which was not explained. This was addressed in the IDW Beast Wars 'The Gathering' comic.

Kup what are you refering to? pm me

I can sort of understand Hasbro calling it quits. This is from my point of view, as someone who was a kiddy at the time of beastwarsuzzles

I was in yr 3 when it arrived in Sydney, and by the time Season 3 played here i was in yr 7, 100% of the kids who had bought the toys when it started and mid way through were going through the pube yers and didnt want toys, and the cartoon wasnt exactly something you could just jump in on anywhere.

Plus the younger generation are too hyper to enjoy action figures

Transmetals 2 rock

BeastMachines rocketh

A lot of people for some reason confuse Optimal Optimus and Depth Charge as TM2s, design wise they are actually TM1s.

the really organic figures like Cheetor, Blackarachnia II and Dinobot II are TM2s.

TM2s did have a couple of good figures though, like Tigerhawk and Megatron Dragon (although the robot mode wasn't all that good). Unfortunately TM2s were mostly crap.

OpOp is technically a Transmetal II, but the design is closer to a Transmetal in most ways.

Guh. Stupid Canadian packaging. Okay, OpOp wasn't sold as a Transmetal II in most markets

Plus he, nor Depth Charge, had any contact with the Transmetal driver in the show.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Opop is a transmetal 1 just wit an extra mode

was there some packagin that said otherwoise?

you will really enjoy beast wars 2 (Neo) but there isnt alot of episodes on youtube so u may have 2 get it cheap at JB

Beast Machines failed cause of the character designs and overall animation, the story isnt so bad.
    Wanted items:
    eHobby Orion Pax and Dion

Quote Originally Posted by autobreadticon View Post
    you will really enjoy beast wars 2 (Neo) but there isnt alot of episodes on youtube so u may have 2 get it cheap at JB.
    If and when Madman is able to get the rights to the Japanese BW series.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)