Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Generations Leader Megatrons + Stunticons Official Images

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    My Cloud Megatron suddenly feels redundant now.
    They all look pretty cool. Armada Megs doesn't personally interest me, but the G1 version looks cool. It looks to be a reasonable compromise at having a G1 looking Megatron robot, but of course we all know that for legal reasons, Hasbro cannot have him transform into a gun. The fictitious gun thing was already done w/ Voyager Classics Megatron (Nerf Maverick), so I can understand them going w/ the tank. And obviously it's given them the Armada redeco, which is something that is harder to pull off with a gun moded Megs.
    I still somewhat enjoy the irony that Cloud/G2 Megatron is moulded after Bludgeon, when in the G2 comic he kills Bludgeon

They should have slightly remoulded Leader Armada Megatron so his cannon is attachable on his waist (ugly, and hated it, but this should have been his original mould!) or given him new weapon/minicon - maybe Dark Star Sabre.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

If I were designing a Mini-Con for this Megatron mould, I'd make it a G1 Seeker. Paint it purple and call it Hotlink for G1 Megatron, then paint it grey and call it Leader-1 for Armada Megs.

I like the look of "g1" Megatron. He looks well designed having good proportions and details in both bot and tank modes - I just can't get past the idea that g1 Megs is a Walther P-38.

The Stunticons look great though!

I'm really digging that Megatron. I thought it was just going to be Hasbro Grey but turns out they're using that sleek silver instead.

Finally get a classics leader Megatron and it's a combiner wars?

Is the Jetfire remold Leader Thundercracker the only real leader class figure announced for 2015? What are the odds we'll see others?

Quote Originally Posted by laproblematique View Post

Is the Jetfire remold Leader Thundercracker the only real leader class figure announced for 2015? What are the odds we'll see others?
    Megatron does not combine. He's just part of the Combiner Wars subline, which is just basically your run of the mill Generations line.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by laproblematique View Post

The Megatron (and Armada Megatron) are Leader Class like Jetfire.
    One of the Megatrons was originally aimed to be released with Jetfire last year, but something must have forced them to hold it back for 2015.

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Mackness View Post
    *snip* I just can't get past the idea that g1 Megs is a Walther P-38. *snip*
    Same. When I first heard the news of Gen1 Megatron, I was jumping out of my skin. To find out that his alt mode is a tank curbed my enthusiasm.

...but... what else were you expecting? HasTak's options for Megatron are either:
    • Make Megatron a Walther P38, in which case the toy would be banned in most Hasbro markets. TakaraTOMY could do it, however, some Australians may require permits (and conform to safe storage requirements) or be completely outlawed from owning this toy, depending on where you live. This would probably not be a feasible option for Hasbro though.

• Make Megatron a fictitious unrealistic looking gun. HasTak have already done this with Classics, Henkei and United Megatrons (Nerf N-Strike Mavericks).

• Make Megatron a significantly undersized Walther P38; so small that it cannot possibly be mistaken for a real gun. This is how Hasbro were able to make Reveal the Shield Megatron. Toys like Smallest Megatron and Choro Q Megatron are also perfectly legal in Australia; in NSW these toys do not need to be placed in safe storage unlike G1 Megs, MP Megs and Browning.

• Make Megatron transform into something else other than a gun. As has been the case for most Megatron toys for over 21 years now.

He has a ridiculously powerful fusion cannon on his arm. Why would he bother transforming into a pistol that needs someone else to use? Was it so others can fondle his trigger?
    As a child, Megatron was one of the only TF's I had no interest in getting. Mostly because he didn't have an alt. mode that could interact with the others.