Approximate Retail Price - $17.00US
Approximate Size – 13cm
Allegiance - Dinobot
Alt-mode – Cybertronian T-Rex
Main Features/Gimmicks – Opening Jaws
Main Colours – Green, Black, Gray
Main Accessories – N/A

Robot Mode
Looks nothing like G1 or AoE Grimlock, instead he has what can only be described as a teddy-bear face with those ears and facial colouring. The figure itself is decently proportioned and has ok articulation. The Warrior class in this new RID line is smaller than the Deluxe Class of Generations, perhaps only Arcee being comparable in size. His Dino arms hang down from his armpits, making you think a little of IDW Monstructor.

T-Rex Mode
With the spinal ridges and yellow crest, with recolouring this would have made a good Trypticon. If you thought that Animated Grimlock was kiddy then you aint seen nothing yet! He does have a fearsome face and you can make his big jaw open and close by manipulation of a nub on the back of his neck. However then you look down and he has - instead of claws – hands that would not be out of place on a Pixar character. It’s not a bad looking alt-mode – somewhere between Classics and Pretender Grimlock in T-Rex size, but looks more like Godzilla than a Dinobot – especially with the green colouring.

Transformation

Interestingly, the instructions are on the back of the card, he does not come with an instructions insert. Not that you need the instructions, its fairly easy and quite a nice little process, but if you buy this for a little kid make sure you don’t throw the backing card out after opening.

Overall
Well I'm not a massive fan of the robot mode much and the Dinosaur mode is better but not great, especially with those hands but that is the way I will display him. The colour scheme is very non-Grimlock but looked at objectively its very strong and the green and black look very good together. Again, this figure is quite small, if you are after a bigger one you would want to buy the very basic Hyper Change Hero version. He provokes a reaction a bit like some of the AoE toys – if it wasn’t supposed to be Grimlock you would probably like it better. The badge on his chest in both modes can be scanned to the relevant app. Ive had a go and it seems to scan fine, but I need to play though a bunch of tutorials with Bbee before I can use big Grim.

So if you are a Grimlock nut like me, or plan on getting all the new RID(2015) figures than this is not a bad one to start with on the whole. If neither you can probably bypass this figure.