View Poll Results: RID-15 Warrior Steeljaw - worth buying?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 35.71%
  • Only if...

4 28.57%
  • Not worth it

1 7.14%
  • Not even interested

4 28.57%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - RID-15 Steeljaw (Warrior)

Default Toy Review - RID-15 Steeljaw (Warrior)

(Please post comments, photos or even a fully comprehensive review - these are just some brief details to start you off)

STEELJAW
    Series - Robots In Disguise
    Sub-line - n/a
    Size/class - Warrior (similar to Deluxe)
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 1
    Released here - scheduled for March 2015 (out in Asia & America December 2014)
    Approximate Retail Price - AU$?? (probably about $30) US$15
    Approximate Size - 13cm
    Allegiance - Decepticon
    Alt-mode - Sports Car
    Main Features/Gimmicks - game "barcode"
    Main Colours - Blue, grey, black
    Main Accessories - Claw

It annoys me that Steeljaw is the most wanted Decepticon. Surely Starscream or Shockwave would be the most wanted...

He's the weakest of the wave one Warriors, but I'm still very happy to have him on the shelf.

When these were first released this was the one I was most keen on, but he's disappointing in person. Took two transforms before I noticed in package his arms weren't properly extended which improved things a bit with playability.

The beast mode head still throws me off a bit. I like the idea, but I kind of wish it was a mutant head and interchangeable with a normal head (like first year deluxe Predacons). The tail also just kind of hangs there in the way. Be curious to see if the show will sell me on the character.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    It annoys me that Steeljaw is the most wanted Decepticon. Surely Starscream or Shockwave would be the most wanted...
    Someone else can't be in the spotlight every now and then? I actully like that it's not the same old formula over again.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I was honestly too distracted by the numerous flaws of this toy to be bothered by the bestial robot head. The forearm panels on mine don't lock into place and are highly prone to moving out of place when you move the forearms. The elbows on mine also can't bend, or at least don't seem able to -- I've applied a bit of excessive force and they still won't budge, and I'm too scared to push too hard in fear of breaking them. But the worst part IMO is the lack of heel spurs, causing the toy to fall over backwards easily. The only way to compensate for this is to make him drag his tail on the ground like a freakin' reptile, despite the mammalian/lupine motif of his robot mode.

I actually liked this figure more than I thought I would, since I'm not a great fan of the whole beast-robot concept.

Pro's:
    *Nice stylized alt-mode. Not sure what its supposed to be though - a sports jeep?
    *The dexterity and posability of the bot-modes tail is quite nice
    *Transformation is intuitive
    *Colour scheme and robots head indicative of AoE Steeljaw

Cons

*The biggest one for me is that his scanner badge is in the middle of his alt-modes windscreen - thats just an awful place for it!
    *Transformation may be intuitive but for us old hands its too simple
    *Toy is too small for the pricetag

Overall I don't think its a bad toy at all, just wish I had paid less for him. Also on a side note, from watching both AoE and the new RID cartoon, I find it very weird that in the movie he is just a snarling animal and in this cartoon he is a smooth talking con artist. Anyway, thats my two cents

I reckon that it is good for a Decepticon other then Megatron/Galvatron are Decepticon Leader. But only one Decepticon Warrior, out of all 3 Waves? (Sorry if you haven't seen Wave 2 is Drift and Optimus 3 is Jazz and Sideswipe) I think he doesn't look to bad, but CW definately is the dominant toyline.

I'm really not liking the big white faction logos in this line.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehirn View Post
    I'm really not liking the big white faction logos in this line.
    Yup, a big ugly sticker so you can scan it into a poorly made mobile game.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)