Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: which Hasbro MP seeker do you think will be released this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Autobot1995 View Post
    didn't know that was his name, i always assumed it was something like Icestorm, it would be weird if they didn't finish the rainmakers (i still need acid storm)
    Totes agree. And I was also surprised that they named him "Bitstream," I would've also gone with something ending with "storm." I'd personally go for "Blizzard Storm"; as it's also a line from the 2nd verse of the Transformers Car Robot intro.

I feel there might be a Slipstream, but that's just me.
    I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Totes agree. And I was also surprised that they named him "Bitstream," I would've also gone with something ending with "storm." I'd personally go for "Blizzard Storm"; as it's also a line from the 2nd verse of the Transformers Car Robot intro.
    Bitstream (and the purple Hotlink) were just FunPub's name for that deco Seeker. Sure, Hasbro signs off on names, but if FunPub had named it (Decepticon) "Icestorm" (and Firestorm for Hotlink who had a flame-thrower) to go with the "storm" theme, Hasbro probably would have approved them as well.
    Unfortunately, even though the FunPub toys/characters are apparently part of the aligned univere, TFWiki have retconned the unnamed Gen1 cartoon characters as the names FunPub created... leaving their grubby fingerprints on the canon of Gen1.
    I know Sunstorm was a retcon by Ehobby and Dreamwave in the early Noughties, but it sorta feels wrong with FunPub having that same power to re-write elements of the original Gen1 universe.

not that I really mind; but isn't there some hoo-hah about Sunstorm not even being a "rainmaker"?

Anyways, I wouldn't mind any of the generic, lesser known repaints as mentioned. I would buy any repaint as long as it was seen in the g1 toon at all.

Quote Originally Posted by xlojnr View Post
    not that I really mind; but isn't there some hoo-hah about Sunstorm not even being a "rainmaker"?

Anyways, I wouldn't mind any of the generic, lesser known repaints as mentioned. I would buy any repaint as long as it was seen in the g1 toon at all.
    There were two best-known sets of unnamed redecos in two early episodes of the cartoon... a cartoon that was filled with many many many many different Seeker decos.

One trio of Seekers in the Gen1 cartoon was labelled at some time in the fandom as the "Welcoming Committee" Seekers of the first episode of Gen1, who were...
    orange,
    light purple, and
    light blue
    (same colour as Thundercracker but more white on legs).

The other trio of Seekers in the Gen1 carton was labelled quite early on in the online fandom (as far back as I can remember in the mid-90s), as the Rainmakers in the episode "Divide and Conquer" who fired acid rain on the group of escaping Autobots. These three were...
    bright green,
    bright yellow, and
    mid-blue
    (darker than Thundercracker).

Now, most assume that Sunstorm was part of the Rainmakers, because it has "storm" in the name, but the colouring has always been closer to the orange coloured Welcoming Committee Seeker. Since that one was named about 10 years ago for the Ehobby toy (and the colour scheme used by Dreamwave in their Gen1 comic)... fans since then are forgiven for mixing up the two trios when recognising Sunstorm as being in the first episode instead of the Rainmakers episode.

Then in 2013, FunPub released a 3-pack of Seeker jets that showed that even the people in charge of the names got confused. They had incorrectly labelled as Rainmakers (which they later agreed was meant to be the Welcoming Committee) probably because it had Sunstorm in their trio of toys.
    So now that we have a Sunstorm toy that is officially a "Welcoming Committee" Seeker... is it also a "Rainmaker" Seeker (as in, is it now, or always was, the same Seeker that was the yellow one in the Rainmaker episode)?

Meh, to me both yellow Seekers are one and the same. Besides, given the sheer obscurity of these Seekers, I doubt that either Hasbro or TakaraTOMY would bother to separately invest in creating both a "Welcoming Committee" Sunstorm and "Rainmaker" Sunstorm in the same series. So they're both the same to me. Others can dispute it if they want, but I personally regard them as one and the same.

Interesting.

I suppose its still likely for the mid blue seeker to be released at some point as an mp to complete that trio. I could see them doing that then doing starscream, skywarp and thundercraker (in that order) over the next few years (maybe thundercracker because it wasn't very easy to find for a lot of people)

I think one thing that might be dissuading HasTak from doing Bitstream is the similarity to Thundercracker. I think it would be less likely to work as a regular store release like Acid Storm; but it could work as a limited exclusive like TakaraTOMY's Sunstorm. But then again, TakTOM Sunstorm did shelfwarm pretty badly and they were forced to slash prices. Hasbro's Sunstorm doesn't seem to be a strong seller at the TRUs that I've seen.

CoRDS is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I think one thing that might be dissuading HasTak from doing Bitstream is the similarity to Thundercracker. I think it would be less likely to work as a regular store release like Acid Storm; but it could work as a limited exclusive like TakaraTOMY's Sunstorm. But then again, TakTOM Sunstorm did shelfwarm pretty badly and they were forced to slash prices. Hasbro's Sunstorm doesn't seem to be a strong seller at the TRUs that I've seen.
    Captain Mustard wings doesnt have the best colour scheme now

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I am actually surprised that they took their time to milk us when is so easy to have done it.