Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111626 ... LastLast

Thread: Combiner Wars Toyline: Rumors, Speculation, Ideas etc

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but whatever happened to profile/bio and tech spec info?

The CW figures only seem to have a very brief one liner about the figure's "specialty" and that's it.
    There's very long bios in the comics that come with the US released CW deluxes. Wave 1 toys are 'international versions' and so have a very short bio so they can fit in the translations.

second last page of the comics with the deluxes have pretty decent bios, sadly the other size classes have nothing

morg176 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Does hasbro intend to design/release any animal combiner wars figures like abominus or the seacons? Or even figures that split into two animals or two vehicles similar to duocons but with cool transformation, nothing spring loaded and decent articulation?

What two animals would you split into?

Quote Originally Posted by morg176 View Post
    Does hasbro intend to design/release any animal combiner wars figures like abominus or the seacons
    If we can think of enough minor mold retooling than hopefully Hasbro has too. Piranacon/Abominus/Monstructor/Predaking would all rely on this (unless they do something like a Titan Predaking next year).
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

So I found my original G1 Thunderclash and he has a transformation scheme that's very similar to CW Prime, apart from the roof of the cab becoming his chest.

Add that to the White CW Prime image we saw in torso mode from the UK Toyfair makes me think there's a chance we might get a Thunderclash out of the OP Mould. We've already seen how the chest piece can be remoulded to make OP and Motormaster look completely different, it's not too hard a stretch to think we might get something reminiscent of the old G1 figure...

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    So I found my original G1 Thunderclash and he has a transformation scheme that's very similar to CW Prime, apart from the roof of the cab becoming his chest.

Add that to the White CW Prime image we saw in torso mode from the UK Toyfair makes me think there's a chance we might get a Thunderclash out of the OP Mould. We've already seen how the chest piece can be remoulded to make OP and Motormaster look completely different, it's not too hard a stretch to think we might get something reminiscent of the old G1 figure...
    Rumour was the Optimus redeco due to go along with deluce Wave 4 was going to be called Optimus Maximus, but that would make a better combiner name, so you could be right. Unfortunately the colour of the head isn't quite right for Thunderclash.

It occurred to me today that Liokaiser might be doable out of the Aerialbots. It'd make a good Botcon exclusive if nothing else - I'd imagine we're almost guaranteed to get a combiner from them next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post

It occurred to me today that Liokaiser might be doable out of the Aerialbots. It'd make a good Botcon exclusive if nothing else - I'd imagine we're almost guaranteed to get a combiner from them next year.
    That sounds like an excellent idea, plus you have the Arms Microns that can double as the Breast Animals, smart thinking there Zommael.

Edit:

Leozack = Silverbolt
    Guyhawk = Air Raid
    Hellbat = Skydive
    Jallguar = Off Road
    Killbison = Rook

Thoughts?
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

You'd need to have six in the boxset, to match the six toys in the Gen1 set... with the Attendee toy being Deathcobra (the character that didn't get a toy), so that if you get a non-attendee boxset, you aren't missing a member of the main team.

Quote Originally Posted by Zommael View Post
    Rumour was the Optimus redeco due to go along with deluce Wave 4 was going to be called Optimus Maximus, but that would make a better combiner name, so you could be right. Unfortunately the colour of the head isn't quite right for Thunderclash
    The only head we saw was the combiner head... We haven't seen the robot head yet...

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    You'd need to have six in the boxset, to match the six toys in the Gen1 set... with the Attendee toy being Deathcobra (the character that didn't get a toy), so that if you get a non-attendee boxset, you aren't missing a member of the main team.
    Deathcobra = Alphabravo/Blades/Vortex
    Drillhorn = Rook

WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot