Page 81 of 82 FirstFirst ... 617176777879808182 LastLast

Thread: Random Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    It's still August.... still winter.... and Woolies already has out a large assortment of Christmas baked foods.
    I don't know why, but someone has put out a sled ornament on the kitchen table at work and it bothers me to see it out so far away from December.
    I can deal with Christmas being shoved down my throat during the final month or so of the year, but give it a rest for the other 10-11 months.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

This was puzzling yesterday.
    In Kmart I noticed that they were almost completely out of stock of their Hotwheels/Matchbox cars from Mattel. It's not like kmart are no longer wanting to sell them, because they still had the shelf tags up... it's almost like Mattel has run out of stock, for a long enough time for Kmart to run out, and in the quiet time of year for toys too. It shouldn't have anything to do with supply disruptions from covid, as other Mattel toylines are still being released, and other toylines in general... so it is just their cars that seems to be affected by something at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    I don't know why, but someone has put out a sled ornament on the kitchen table at work and it bothers me to see it out so far away from December.
    I can deal with Christmas being shoved down my throat during the final month or so of the year, but give it a rest for the other 10-11 months.
    I know how you feel... back in the last few days of September, one of the radio stations that I had on in the car was telling people to start getting their Christmas Lights ready for this year's christmas lights competition. That's just way too early... not just for getting the christmas lights out, but also to be hearing about it on the radio already. It just makes the sphincter tighten, as it just conjures up all those negative feelings of only recently being sick of hearing and seeing christmas stuff constantly on the radio, on tv, and in stores, in the lead up to december 25th. It's supposed to be a wonderful, exciting day to look forward to (like us oldies did as kids, unable to go to sleep christmas eve because of the big day to come), but now it is a day of dread, that I spend weeks looking forward to it being over. Capitalism as ruined it, as retailers and advertisers try to outdo each other, not to propagate the true meaning of christmas (of family and giving), but to make money off a religious event that most don't even acknowledge or respect anyway.

I know at work a few weeks back we were very low or even out of all but the basic Hot Wheels. Maybe they have a supply issue. 🤷*♀️
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Thinking of plastic inspired from the packaging thread and I thought, one massive source of microplastic that we are probably subjected to would be all the particles that peel off from car tyres. The amount of stuff that we breathe in must be horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Thinking of plastic inspired from the packaging thread and I thought, one massive source of microplastic that we are probably subjected to would be all the particles that peel off from car tyres. The amount of stuff that we breathe in must be horrible.
    If you ever live on or near a major road (even just a main suburban street), you will find a black dust that covers everything, needing things to be wiped down weekly.
    I once lived on a major arterial road, and any part of the house that wasn't used and constantly cleaned, there was a horrible sticky black layer, and I could only imagine what I was breathing in.

Yep. Tyre dust and brake dust are known pollutants. At least they don't put asbestos in brake pads anymore.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

A strange trekkie weekend on channel 9go, without any advertising for it that I saw. Today has the original 6 movies back to back, as a 14 hour marathon from 11am to 1am. And tomorrow has the 4 Next Generation movies for 9 hours from 10am.
    All they need now is to play the 3 new movies.

It looks like Christmas isn't the only retail event that is getting earlier and earlier... Officeworks started showing commercials for "back to school" on Sunday, still well before the end of the school year.
    Last year they started showing the commercials from the week before the end of school (early December), and I thought that it would be a trigger for anxiety for parents and kids to see commercials reminding them of the next school year before they even finished the previous year.
    I remember before last year, the day after christmas we would be bombarded with the "back to school" commercials, and I think they should at least give kids and parents a little bit of a break from the stress of schooling, even for just a couple weeks of the christmas school holidays.

My friends' 15 year old daughter, Yuna, is currently battling Stage 3 cancer and have taken a bad turn where she is now in palliative care.
    A Go Fund Me page has been created to help young Yuna and her family.

Please consider making a donation; any amount is welcome.
    https://www.gofundme.com/f/please-he...d-jones-family

That's sad to hear 😢 Thoughts are with her and family